Do Satisfied Employees Mean Satisfied Customers?
- A HOT, STEAMING CUP OF CUSTOMER AWARENESS. Lustgarten, Abrahm // Fortune;11/15/2004, Vol. 150 Issue 10, p192
The article discusses how entrepreneur Howard Schultz made Starbucks popular after buying the company in 1987. Schultz, who bought Starbucks in 1987 when it was a tiny Seattle roastery, loves nothing more than talking about the importance of a finely tuned "customer experience." Managing that...
- Der Zusammenhang zwischen Mitarbeiter- und Kundenzufriedenheit: Eine Metaanalyse. // Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Personalforschung;2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p28
No abstract available.
- THE INSEPARABLE EMPLOYEE AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. Self, Bill // Services Revenue;2004, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p1
Emphasizes the link between customer satisfaction and service employee satisfaction. Importance of the link for service companies; Information on the experience of travelers who travel on board Southwest Airlines; Explanation given by Bill Self of The Leadership Factor Ltd. on the link between...
- Employee Satisfaction - Customer Satisfaction Link: A Literature Review of Theoretical Explanations. Bhaskar, Shilpa Sharma; Khera, Shikha N. // Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business;Mar2013, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p626
The aim of this paper is to provide a literature review of all theories supporting employee satisfaction-customer satisfaction link undertaken in the research in the field of behaviour, psychology, neurology, and service management. The purpose especially is to provide comprehensive theoretical...
- The Relationship Between Counselor Job Satisfaction and Consumer Satisfaction in Vocational Rehabilitation. Capella, Michele E.; Andrew, Jason D. // Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin;Summer2004, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p205
This study investigated the relationship between the job satisfaction of counselors employed by a state vocational rehabilitation (VR) agency and the satisfaction of their consumers with both the counselor and the overall VR experience. Multiple regression was used to determine whether facets of...
- Is everybody happy? Not quite. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Eastern Edition;10/20/1997, Vol. 38 Issue 42, p24
Reveals results of a survey on job satisfaction conducted among corporate-communication officers in the United States. Rating on employee morale; Internet as part of a company's communications programs.
- What's The Climate In Your Office? // Successful Supervisor;Nov2010, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p7
The article focuses on how to measure employee satisfaction with their company through either a climate survey or an online survey.
- Uplifting Employees. Woodward, Nancy Hatch // HR Magazine;Aug2007, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p81
The article reports on the findings of a February 2007 Conference Board survey which revealed low levels of employee job satisfaction in the U.S. According to the survey, less than half of all people in the U.S. say they are satisfied with their jobs, down from 61 percent 20 years ago. The...
- A Meta-Analysis of the Relationships Between Individual Job Satisfaction and Individual Performance. Petty, M. M.; McGee, Gail W.; Cavender, Jerry W. // Academy of Management Review;Oct84, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p712
The correlational literature concerning the relationships between individual job satisfaction and individual performance was analyzed, using the meta-analysis techniques of Hunter, Schmidt, and Jackson (1982). Higher and more consistent correlations between overall job satisfaction and...