Manage Workflow With Technology: Put your CRM system to the test
- Tech driving improvements, as well as workflow changes. O'Connor, John // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Dec2012, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p16
The article reports that technology payoffs such as automation and electronic health records are allowing healthcare providers to better manage care and information.
- Lighten Your Workload. // TeamWork;2015, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p2
The article presents information on how to lighten workload by calling attention to the problem identified, speaking up about the problem to bring it to the attention of the team leader and offering a feasible solution to the problem.
- Don't Give Your Customers Excuses. // Customers First;2013, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p5
The article offers suggestions on simultaneous management of workload and customers waiting for their service by presenting two scenarios wherein the service representative is backlogged or overloaded with work and has to deal with a customer.
- Workflowing together is the name of the game. Humphry, Sara // PC Week;12/02/96, Vol. 13 Issue 48, pN30
Reports the release of Interface 4 of the Workflow Interoperability Specification from the Workflow Management Coalition. How it ensures that businesses can exchange and process work from two or more workflow engines; Details of the software.
- Metadata and MXF, part 2. GILMER, BRAD // Broadcast Engineering;Jul2012, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p8
The article presents information on the importance of metadata and how rekeying of metadata is a common problem in file-based workflows. It also focuses on how metadata contained in MXF files can reduce rekeying errors. It also dicusses about application specifications produced by the Advanced...
- Takes More Than Just Technology. // Accounting Technology;Sep2008 Special Report Supplement, p22
The author discusses technology considerations and people considerations for the companies going paperless. The author relates that the needed technology in engaging into paperless will vary according to the needs of the firms considering the number of people in the firm, the offices, and kind...
- Special Net Structure and its Application in Workflow Modeling. Xinqin Gao; Xueping Wang // International Journal of U- & E-Service, Science & Technology;Aug2013, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p127
On the basis of the traditional net structure, a new concept of special net structure (SNS) is defined and its main characteristics are summarized. The SNS is a concolorous graph with colorless nodes and concolorous edges, which can be described by polychromatic sets theory formally and stored...
- Application-level Web Component Framework for Distributed Workflow Management. Yinzhou Zhu; Baolin Yin // International Journal of U- & E-Service, Science & Technology;Aug2013, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p199
Distributed workflow management system has been widely used for the requirement of rapid development of process oriented software systems. In the past few years, more and more modern enterprises prefer the web-based workflow solutions. However, developing a web-based distributed workflow is a...
- A Normative Multi-agent Framework for Dynamic Task Assignment and Delegation. Itaiwi, Al-Mutazbellah Khamees; Ahmad, Mohd Sharifucldin; Hamid, Nurzeatul Hamimah Abd; Zaliman, Mohb; Yusoff, Mohd; Mahmoud, Moamin A. // Journal of Artificial Intelligence;2013, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p229
The problem of task overload is a major concern for many organizations. This problem is partly due to the continuous enhancement of the organizations' processes that gradually becomes very complex and requires more resources to handle them. Consequently, this paper attempts to resolve this issue...