Small Biz Wish List
- COMPARING THE ECOLOGY OF SMES IN TAIWAN AND USA. Wang, Daisy // International Journal of Business Strategy;Jun2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p143
The purpose of this paper is to examine the effect of regulatory environment on the survival of SMEs in Taiwan and United States. More specifically, we empirically examine the relationship between key regulatory requirements such as tax burden and health care costs and SME Populations. Multiple...
- Don't Shackle Productive To Reward Non-Productive. Hense, Paul // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/9/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p21
Comments on the unfairness of tax equity in the United States. Negative attitude of government toward small business owners; Impact of social security taxes on young people; Profitability of working for the government.
- Managed health care costs. // Landscape Management;Nov95, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p10
Presents comparisons of how health care costs among small businesses are changing in 1995, compared to 1994 and 1993.
- Small businesses seek reforms to counter rising health costs. Slawsky, Richard // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/5/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p33
Reports on small businesses fight over federal bill HR 660 or the Small Business Health Fairness Act in New Orleans, Louisiana. Factors limiting the effectiveness of association health plans (AHP); Reasons behind the National Restaurant Association's support to the legislation; Methods of...
- ALL THE PERKS. Szabo, Joan // Entrepreneur;Sep2002, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p59
Focuses in the tax treatment for small businesses in the U.S. Provisions of tax code discriminating small business; Demand for tax equity; Suggestions for achieving tax equity. INSET: YOU NEED HELP..
- Choice Cuts. Szabo, Joan // Entrepreneur;Jul99, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p60
Discusses the measures taken to address the tax burden facing entrepreneurs. Why a compromise between Republicans and Democrats over specific tax proposals may be difficult to achieve; Bills that have gained support from the United States Congress; Other measures of importance to small business.
- Uncle Sam's Slice. Epperson, Sharon // Time;1/12/2004, Vol. 163 Issue 2, p77
Reports on methods to relieve an individual's tax burden over the coming year. Putting cash into retirement savings plans; Deductions for college-tuition; Health savings accounts.
- A LESS TAXING BITE ON SMALL BUSINESS. McCrea, Bridget; Hughes, Alan // Black Enterprise;Jan2003, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p38
Presents several strategies which small business owners can employ to ease tax burden. Retirement account for employees and the employer; Significance of a special depreciation allowance; Healthcare costs for a given year. INSET: Tax Resources for Small Businesses.
- Canadian Health Care and Taxes. Esmail, Nadeem; Clemens, Jason // Fraser Forum;Jul2005, p17
Comments on the link between health care and taxation in Canada. Tendency for Canadians to suffer heavier tax burden due to socialized health care system; Tax policy in the country; Comparison of health care spending between Canada and the United States.