- The Retirement Clock Is Ticking: Are Financial Planners Failing Americans? Opiela, Nancy // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p34
The article deals with the failure of financial planners and the financial planning profession to motivate Americans to adequately plan for their retirement. Study after study shows all too clearly that many American workers would not have the means to afford the retirement they envision. For...
- We asked 100 buyers…. // Supply Management;6/1/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p11
The article discusses the results of the SM100 Survey, which asked 100 buyers whether the strategies they have used to realize savings during the recession will continue to work during economic growth. The poll reveals that 61% of respondents believe that the same tactics that proved successful...
- Reader Spotcheck. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p29
This article discusses results of opinion polls conducted by the periodical Journal of Financial Planning on several financial-related issues, as of August 2000. There is a greater willingness of the public to plan its finances and less emphasis was made on intergenerational transfer of wealth....
- Reader Spotcheck. // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p31
This section presents the results of a public opinion poll conducted by the Journal of Financial Planning as of January 31, 2003, regarding various issues related to the financial services industry in the U.S.
- First Things First. Dyer, Phil; Kinder, George // Advisor Today;Sep2008, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p64
The article focuses on financial planning in the U.S. It cites the importance of creating a life plan for the clients before addressing his financial plan. It states that the financial-planning profession has undergone profound change, transitioning from a product-oriented, transaction-based...
- The Hot Job of Financial Planning&hellip. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1998, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p16
Comments on the article featured in "U.S. News & World Report" about financial planning. Popularity of the career in financial planning; Demand for financial planners in the banking, brokerage and mutual fund fields; Failure of the magazine to mention designations or licenses.
- The time is now. Greenberg, Dan // Inside Tucson Business;9/19/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p31
Comments on the American style of planning personal goals and resolutions regarding personal finance. Demarcation of a new year as an opportunity for setting their financial objectives; Implementation of ways to change and improve financial life through investment allocation; Effective planning...
- Trading Places. McGee, Suzanne // Financial Planning;Sep2008, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p59
The article discusses the move of planners, investment advisors, and other wealth managers to change firms in the U.S. It is noted that for many advisors, switching firms or launching their own shop can be dangerous, since clients can feel neglected or taken for granted. In addition, if the...
- Selling the People's Voice. Fitzgerald, Thomas // Tikkun;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p17
Comments on public opinion polls in the United States. Examples of questions asked to respondents; Purpose of opinion polling; Evaluation of polling methods.