- STRIKE SCARS CANUCK SCENE. Kelly, Brendan // Variety;2/25/2008, Vol. 410 Issue 2, p20
The article discusses the effect of the 2007 Writers Guild of America (WGA) strike on motion picture and television industry in Canada. The strike was resolved in February 2008 but there are rumors of a Screen Actors Guild strike in summer 2008. The author explains that Vancouver, British...
- Film panel to Vegas: Keep your day job. Cruz, Sherri // Las Vegas Business Press;06/21/99, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p1
Reports on an Entertainment Development Corp. May 1999 conference wherein a group of Hollywood film executives questioned the economic benefit of building a film industry in Las Vegas, Nevada. Costs of building a film industry; Legislation exempting movie producers from business taxes; TV...
- Untitled. // California Chronicles;Mar2000, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p33
Presents maps showing shooting locations of various motion pictures taken in Hollywood, California.
- What ails health care. Traver, Nancy // New Mexico Business Journal;Apr/May99, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p15
Focuses on the decline of the film industry in New Mexico. Economic impact of the industry in 1997; Exodus of industry people; Cyclical nature of the film industry.
- Video film market richer from influence of local scenery & talent. Costas, Jose // Caribbean Business;11/21/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p51
Reports on the boom in the video film market in Puerto Rico. Availability of selection of movies at video stores; Motion pictures that have been filmed in Puerto Rico; Films related to the island that are popular among video film aficionados.
- All Eyes New Hampshire. // Yankee;Sep2002, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on the plan of Black Lot Films to shoot two features on location at Lake Massabesic, New Hampshire. Optimism of filmmaker Bill Millios for a commercial success; Use of a regional cast and crew; List of films produced by Back Lot.
- NY film boom skids to halt after 5 years. Denitto, Emily; Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;07/05/99, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the slowdown of New York City's film industry after five straight years of record growth, according to preliminary figures from the Screen Actors Guild. Cutbacks from Hollywood studios; Aggressive moves by Canada to lure United States production; Number of films drawn by New York in...
- A film location manager's dream. Maldonado, Jose E. // Caribbean Business;7/25/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p20
Reports on the popularity of Puerto Rico as a location for motion pictures. Availability of natural resources and production personnel and facilities; Weather conditions; Florida as competitor in film locations; Movies that have been filmed in Puerto Rico.
- Fresno positioned to be rising star in Hollywood's film industry. Reynolds, Kelley // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;02/15/99, Issue 322421, p3
Focuses on efforts of the city government to promote Fresno, California, as a site for Hollywood film production. Film projects made in the city in the year 1998; City and County Conventions Bureau film and media relations director Brian Ziegler's plan to attend the 1999 Association of Film...