Warning for pension trustees
- Pension Fund's Big Returns. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;8/5/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33362, p9
The article reports that according to North Carolina treasurer's office, the state's pension fund reported an 11.97 percent return in the fiscal year ending June 30, 2010.
- The buzz on IRAs. Harper, Gena // WE Magazine;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p99
Presents information on Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs). Information on the benefits of IRAs; How the tax bill of 1997 benefitted the IRA; Reference to the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997; Details on the amount of retiree income which benefits provide.
- Unions do the works on the workers. Grawitzky, Ren�e // Finance Week;2/17/2003, p55
Reports on a court's decision to place the Saccawu National Provident Fund under provisional curatorship in September 2002 after the Registrar of Pension Funds argued that a number of irregularities had taken place. Initial findings of an investigation conducted by the interim curator;...
- Super returns start 2011/12 in the red. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;9/1/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p10
The article reports on the decline of superannuation fund returns in Australia as of the start of the financial year 2011 and 2012.
- Holding onto pensions. // CA Magazine;Jun/Jul96, Vol. 129 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on survey findings on the dependence of Canadians on government pension trusts. Percentage of respondents anticipating government pension plans as their significant source of retirement income; Variation of reliance on government pension according to age differences.
- Illinois' top pension funds. // Crain's Chicago Business;1996 Top Business Lists, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p153
Presents statistical information on Illinois' top pension funds ranked by total assets as of September 30, 1994.
- Pensions & benefits. // Corporate Board;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 16 Issue 94, p28
Reports on a study on employee pension plans. Indication of underinvestment by employees; Most popular plans.
- Chartviews. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar1994, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p17
Presents a chart of figures on the state of pension funds in the United States.
- State funds returns lag actuarial rates. Hemmerick, Steve // Pensions & Investments;3/20/95, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p1
Reports on a study by Wilshire Associates on actuarial interest rates of large state pension funds in the United States. Difficulty faced by pension funds in the 1990s in making the amount of money they need each year from their investments; Comments from Wilshire senior vice president Stephen...