Stateside statistics show significance of soft skills
- Good HR practices make companies more competitive. // HR Magazine;Aug1995, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p4
Reports that human resource (HR) practices make a difference in corporate performance according to a survey released by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and CCH Inc. Relation between strong HR practices and strong market performance; Ratings in terms of productivity, market value...
- HR for profit: Selling expertise. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;May95, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p84
Focuses on the emergence of human resource (HR) professionals in the United States who act as outside consultants offering personnel expertise for profit. Companies' decision to sell HR expertise outside due to benchmarking requests; Increasing evidence that HR departments are being forced to...
- Rising salaries. Avery, Mark J. // HR Magazine;Nov97, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p87
Focuses on growing base salary levels in many human resources (HR) jobs. Other trend changes on salaries of HR personnels; Determinant factors of salaries of an HR personnel; Elements compounding salaries of HR personnels in small and large companies; How the HR specialist and general HR...
- There are many way of rewarding employees. Nelson, Bob // San Diego Business Journal;8/26/96 Supplement Small Business, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p9A
Presents various ways of raising money for employee recognition programs. Rent management services; Meeting minders; Employee activities; Auctions and raffles; Employee incentives; Bartered services.
- Economics of personnel and human resource management. Gunderson, Morley // Human Resource Management Review;Winter2001, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p431
Analyzes the economics of personnel and human resource management. Implications of economic phenomenon in personnel issues; Importance of asymmetric information in the economics of human resource management; Common elements in the economics of personnel.
- HR departments lose cost-center status. Claridge, Ann; Edlund, Deb // Health Management Technology;May1995, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p66
Opinion. Examines the role of the human resources department in some highly successful healthcare organizations in business planning in order to directly impact the overall performance of their businesses. Technology utilized to accomplish their goals; Saratoga Community Hospital and Austin...
- Finance firms leave HR out of top-level planning. Whitehead, Mark // People Management;10/14/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 20, p18
Reports that the British finance sector is failing to include the human resource (HR) dimension in strategic planning even though employment-related issues are forcing the pace of change. Failure to give people management professionals enough recognition; Effect of the Internet revolution and...
- Managing the cost of care. Picton, Claire // Emergency Nurse;Oct2011, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the article on the early decisions that can be made by nurses at triage in the emergency department which could save money for the National Health Services (NHS) in the long term.
- MARKETING CHALLENGE. // Direct Marketing News;Sep2015, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p36
The article discusses the effort of the chief marketing officer Abigail Bruner of Astor Manufacturing Co. to map out a short and long-term plans to deal with the disgruntled salespeople who have planned to leave in the company.