Plant cure for sick offices
- Sick building syndrome traced to ignoring directions, upkeep. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/7/94 & 3/14/94, Vol. 5 Issue 49, p14
Reports on the sick building syndrome brought about by a lack of directions and upkeeping. Steps to solve the syndrome; Systematic analysis and following of directions.
- Rx for sick buildings. Henderson, Zorika Petic // Human Ecology;Summer95, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on the prevention of sick building syndrome (SBS) in the United States. Description of SBS; Causes of SBS; Symptoms; Localized pollutant sources in buildings; Complaint of inadequate indoor air quality in many buildings; Statistics on SBS.
- A cost-effective Rx for your sick building. Jorgensen, Roberta W. // San Diego Business Journal;10/16/95, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p20
Gives advice on preventing sick building syndrome. Symptoms; Diagnosis; Cost-saving solutions.
- Kill the bugs to cure the building. Glaskin, Max // New Scientist;3/11/95, Vol. 145 Issue 1968, p22
Reports on the use of titanium dioxide and ultraviolet rays to prevent sick building syndrome. Causes of the syndrome; Protection from acute airborne infections; Control of air-borne microorganisms in the heating and air-conditioning ducts of offices.
- Is your building making you sick? // Current Health 1;Dec97, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p12
Provides information about sick building syndrome (SBS) in children. Causes of SBS; Building-related illness; Its prevention.
- Help for your headaches may be just a plant away. Daugherty, Christi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);8/26/96, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p26
Reports that scientists have established the benefits of indoor plants in terms of combatting work-related illness called the Sick Building Syndrome. Poorly ventilated office buildings; Indoor air pollutants; Conversion of toxins into food; Absorption of environmental toxins; Mold prevention.
- Carpet eases `sick building syndrome'. // American School & University;Jun96, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p24n
Highlights the use of 3M/TacFast hook-and-loop fastening system in installing a new carpet at the Boswell Hall at the College of Northern Idaho. Prevention of sick building syndrome; Non-use of liquid glue.
- Curing sick building syndrome. Prior, Albert P. // BusinessWest;Dec93, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p37
Provides guidelines on how to deal with sick building syndrome. Band-aid type solutions; Review of building plans and maintenance records; Follow the directions provided by equipment manufacturers.
- Conduct a walk-through to identify causes of Sick Building Syndrome. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/27/97, Vol. 202 Issue 9, p20
Provides pointers on how to conduct an indoor air quality walk-through inspection to identify causes of Sick Building Syndrome. Touring of all sectors of the building; Spot-checking of ductworks; Inspection of leaking roofs; Tips as included in the National Old Timers' Association of the Energy...