Humphries set to lead skills task force
- Lack of science skills branded 'scary.'. // People Management;7/29/2010, p9
The article reports on the concern raised by Chris Humphries of the British Commission for Employment and Skill over the apparent lack of skills in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math (Stem) in the labor market in Great Britain.
- Skills commission appoints chief executive. // People Management;11/15/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p10
The article announces the appointment of Chris Humphries as chief executive of the new British Commission for Employment and Skills.
- Untitled. // Personnel Today;11/13/2007, p43
The article announces that Chris Humphries has been appointed as chief executive of the new Commission for Employment and Skills in Great Britain.
- Keynote speaker. // People Management;12/18/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 25, p49
Announces that Chris Humphries, chief executive of the Tec National Council will be the keynote speaker at the Central London branch's annual conference on January 30-31, 1998. Contact information.
- Untitled. Berry, Mike // Personnel Today;9/9/2008, p44
The article reports on the Skills Utilisation project launched by the Commission for Employment and Skills (CES) in Great Britain. The project which is composed of three elements will determine how the employers can maximise the potential of their employees. According to CES chief executive...
- London bids for 'skills olympics'. // Personnel Today;2/7/2006, p24
The article reports that Great Britain is bidding to become the host of the next skills Olympics. Chris Humphries, Chairman of UK Skills, a nonprofit organization is setting to convince countries across Europe, Asia and the Americas that the Great Britain should host the 2011 World Skills...
- People and posts. // People Management;10/12/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p10
Covers updates on employee promotions in Great Britain as of October 2000. Garry Hawkes as chairman of Edexcel; Chris Humphries as director-general of the British Chamber of Commerce.
- UK's 'Skills Olympics' bid well on track. // Personnel Today;3/14/2006, p41
The article reports that the bid of Great Britain to host the next Skills Olympics has drawn positive reactions from many of the countries who will vote to decide the host nation. Chris Humphries, chairman of non-profit organization UK Skills, is charged with convincing countries across the...
- in brief. // Adults Learning;Dec2007, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p6
This section offers news briefs concerning lifelong education in Great Britain. Chris Humphries, Director General of City & Guilds and Chair of UK Skills, will be the inaugural Chief Executive of the British Commission for Employment and Skills. The University of Oxford's integrity is under...