- Be a Mentor or Mentee through ACerS Mentoring Program. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Jun/Jul2009, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p9
The article provides information on the effectiveness of American Ceramic Society (ACerS) mentoring program for developing mentor-mentee relationship either in electronic mail system or face-to-face meeting.
- AMS sealholders encouraged to promote Ground Hog Shadow Day '99. // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Dec98, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p2820
Focuses on the American Meteorological Society's promotion of the 1999 Ground Hog Shadow Day. Similarity to a business mentoring program; Participation of students across the nation.
- America's Skilled Worker Shortage - Part II. Collins, Mike // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Mar2011, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p62
The article presents the author's views on improving the skills of the manufacturing workforce to become highly skilled workers by focusing on advanced apprentice training. He states that the future of the U.S. manufacturing lies on the skills and ability of the manufacturing workforce whose...
- Association announces the date and location of a second Meet the Mentors event in 2012. // Funeral Home & Cemetery News;Apr2012, pA38
The article reports on the announcement of the National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) that its second Meet the Mentors Program will be held on March 26-27, 2012 at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Opportunity can still knock. Schofield, Ray // NZ Business;Dec2008/Jan2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p75
The author stresses the opportunities that still exist for businesses in New Zealand despite the global economic crisis in 2008. According to him, the group Business Mentors New Zealand is still holding its own and is continuing to make a positive impact on small and medium enterprises (SME)...
- HOW TO FIND A MENTOR OR SPONSOR. // Employee Benefit News;Oct2012, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p34
The article reports that human resource (HR) professionals can access mentors through professional organizations involved in Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) chapters and human resource (HR) groups in the U.S.
- Enter Today: NFDA Will Host Third Meet the Mentors Program in August. // Funeral Home & Cemetery News;Jul2012, p28
The article offers information on the Meet the Mentors event, to be hosted by the National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) at the Harvard Faculty Club in Cambridge, Massachusetts on August 27-28, 2012.
- Time to look at CPD. // Computer Bulletin;Jan2000, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p12
The article calls for additional mentors in the north of England and Scotland for the Continuing Professional Development scheme of the British Computer Society (BCS) in 2000.
- Wanted: A few good entrepreneurs. Jacobs, Meredith // Washington Jewish Week;11/10/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 44, p6
The article discusses the Jewish Federation of Greater Washington's launch of the ConnectGens program to encourage social entrepreneurship in the Washington, D.C. area. Social entrepreneurs are people who aim to make meaningful changes in their community or elsewhere. As part of the ConnectGens...