- The union approach to combating RN layoffs: Get it in writing. Wolfe, Suzanne // RN;Dec93, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p16
Reports on the ratification of a two-year contract by nurses at New York's Presbyterian Hospital. Permanency of nurses who have worked there for two or more years; Termination of nurses with less than two years experience only if beds close.
- NURSES' AID. Greene, Jan // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;06/20/98, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p38
Discusses attempts by labor unions to gain the support of health care workers. Information on the Service Employee International union; Number of health care workers who are represented by unions; Impact of this move by unions on the American Nurses Association and its state affiliates; Effect...
- MY LIFE, MY UNION. // Asian Pacific Post;2/25/2010, p19
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of joining the British Columbia Nurses' Union (BCNU).
- Hell no, we won't go...in July. Bethel, Amber; Butler, Elisabeth; Pandolfi, Keith; Boyer, Ellen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/30/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 52, p51
Reports on the reluctance of officials of the California Nurses Association to go to New Orleans, Louisiana in summer to organize a union movement in the city. Association's meeting in May 2003 in New Orleans to try to organize a nurse's union in the city; Organization's plan to return for more...
- In brief. // New Statesman & Society;3/3/95, Vol. 8 Issue 342, p9
Reports on the planned lunchtime protest of nursing unions in Great Britain in support of a demand for a pay increase. Other plans.
- NSWNA soccer sponsorship. // Lamp;2008, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p7
The article presents a response by the editor to a letter discussing the article "NSWNA message scores a goal" published in a previous issue of the journal.
- Heal America. // Progressive;Nov2011, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p11
Several photographs featuring a day of action organized by the National Nurses United in the U.S., on September 1, 2011, are presented.
- South Florida RNs Win Election. // National Nurse;Oct2011, Vol. 107 Issue 8, p5
The article reports on the victory of registered nurses at the Palmetto General Hospital to unionize with the National Nurses Organizing Committee during their balloting aimed at unionizing with the National Nurses Organizing Committee in Florida.
- A WARY NEW WELCOME FOR UNIONS. Lee, Anthony A. // RN;Nov82, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p34
Reports on the results of a survey on the growth of trade-unions in the nursing profession as of November 1982. Loyalty of nurses to their profession; Compatibility of unionism with professionalism among nurses; Responses of nurses to unionism.