Works councils attract unionists
- The Growth of Co-Determination. Prasad, S. Benjamin // Business Horizons;Apr77, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p23
This article deals, first, with a brief description of the scope and the direction of co-determination in European countries other than its citadel, West Germany, and, second, with labor union as well as management reaction on this side of the Atlantic. It is assumed that there is sufficient...
- German Works' Councils: A Highly Evolved Institution of Industrial Democracy. Havlovic, Stephen J. // Labor Studies Journal;Summer90, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p62
Focuses on the relationship between West German works' councils and local trade unions. Operations of West German works' councils; Indepth look at the legislative aspects of West German works' councils; Information on the 1972 Works Constitution Act.
- Labor Rehab Council Returns to New York. // Back Stage;04/21/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 16, p2
Looks at the state of the Central Labor Rehabilitation Council in New York City, New York. Funding of the council; Goal of the council; Services provided by the council.
- Trade Unions in Poland: Between Stagnation and Innovation. Krzywdzinski, Martin // Management Revue;2012, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p66
Since the beginning of the transformation in Poland, trade unions have experienced nearly two decades of declining membership numbers and influence. This article shows that not only the restructuring of the economy but also the trade union policies and organizational forms themselves contributed...
- Union court threat if PepsiCo will not talk. Overell, Stephen // People Management;6/12/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p13
Focuses on the stand of Pepsico's managers that the company's demerger will not affect its controversial works council deal. Accusation against the deal; Consequence if the company refuses to discuss any changes; Belief of European trade unions on their strong membership in the snack foods...
- Foreign Labor Briefs. // Monthly Labor Review;Jan69, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p65
Presents several news items on developments in labor as of January 1969. Experiment with workers' councils in Czechoslovakia; Limitation on scope of activity of trade-unions in Uruguay; Study of human resources in Pakistan.
- The healer. // BRW;08/05/96, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p10
Focuses on the efforts by Jennie George, president of the Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU), to heal the rift between the group and the New South Wales Labor Council.
- Give employees a voice. Redford, Kirstie // Employers Law;Dec2006, p16
The article discusses the rules on works councils in Great Britain. National works councils were introduced in 2004 in Great Britain as part of the Information and Consultation of Employees Regulations 2004. This gives employees the right to request collective consultation on various aspects of...
- Part III. Historical and legal context: 9. NATIONAL LEGISLATION IN RELATION TO FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION: II. Trade union legislation: B. Legislative survey of freedom of association: Workplace relations. // Official Bulletin: Series B;2010, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p38
A section from the report "Official Bulletin: Series B: Truth, Reconciliation and Justice in Zimbabwe" is presented. It discusses national legislation in relation to workplace relations in Zimbabwe. The right of trade union organizations and their federations to represent the interests of...