Dawg Day Afternoon
- Developing Tomorrow's Foodservice Industry Leaders. CURTIS, CARLTON // Franchising World;Jun2011, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p66
The article discusses the National Restaurant Association Education Foundation's ProStart program. According to the author, ProStart is a two-year program for high school students and aims to develop the best talent to become the restaurant and food service industry leaders of the future. The...
- Food Protection Management Training class available to food service. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);1/25/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p4
The article previews a two-day Food Protection Management training for food service managers in Rochester, Texas that will be held on February 26 and March 5, 2007.
- Medical Mall mentorship program trains students in trade, manhood. Summers, Zakiya // Jackson Advocate;9/1/2010, Vol. 72 Issue 48, p6B
The article offers information on the Jackson Medical Mall Foundation's Boys II Men Mentorship Program which aims to teach high school students in Jackson, Mississippi a skill in an effort to train them to become certified floor technicians.
- Ala. House GOP Pushes Worker Training Program. CHANDLER, KIM // Community College Week;3/3/2014, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p3
The article informs that Alabama House Republicans have announced they want to expand a program which allows high school students simultaneously enroll in job training classes at two-year colleges, proposing legislation that would create 10 million U.S. dollars in dual education scholarships.
- Career Preparation Is Not Career Awareness. Crowley, Joseph // Education Week;4/22/2015, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p24
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Employers Integral to Career Studies" from the March 25, 2015 issue.
- Students get a hands-on lesson about restaurant business. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;07/24/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p18
Reports on the food service lessons received by students at International Polytechnic High School, an alternative-education school located at California State Polytechnic University's Pomona campus. Participation of the students through the efforts of Cal Poly Pomona Foundation Inc.; Creation...
- All-new national foodservice program. Jarman, Abbie // Chef Educator Today;Winter2006, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that Phoebus High School in Hampton, Virginia has collaborated with ProStart to implement a two-year curriculum designed to teach high school students the management skills needed for a career in the foodservice industry. According to Verdonda Wright, culinary ProStart...
- Masters of Spirits. Crecca, Donna Hood // Cheers;Apr2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p53
This article focuses on Beverage Alcohol Resource, also known as the BAR Program, recipient of the "Cheers" magazine's 2007 Industry Innovator of the Year Award. According to spirits expert and BAR principal F. Paul Pacult, the program's goal is to create something equivalent to a Master...
- Weldys plan chef training center in Chelan. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Apr2006, Vol. 20 Issue 4, pA4
The article reports on the opening of the Culinary Apple regional culinary training center in Chelan, Washington. The new center has been set to open on May 1, 2006, offering 1,800 square feet of retail space and plenty of room for a demonstration kitchen. Culinary classes have been scheduled...