Making the Grade
- From the Student Up. Cherwitz, Richard A. // University Business;Apr2007, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p21
The author suggests the creation of internship programs for college students at the start of their college tenure in the U.S. He provides information on an experiment by the University of Texas in Austin with the Intellectual Entrepreneurship (IE) Pre-Graduate School Internship. Also discussed...
- Developing a 'Brand.'. Saylor, Todd // FoodService Director;11/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p44
The author offers information on the Flavors of Home foodservice brand developed by Cura Hospitality. He says that the Flavors of Home recipe collection was developed to meet the requests of the consumers for more home-like cooking. The senior market is their market, and some of today's foods...
- PARKHURST STAYS FOCUSED AND: CURA records unit growth. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p32
Provides information on the growth of two subsidiaries of food service company Eat 'n Park in the U.S. CURA Hospitality; Parkhurst Dining Services.
- Pittsburgh Hospital Hires Cura as Foodservice Provider. // FoodService Director;5/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that St. Clair Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has selected Cura Hospitality, a healthcare and acute care dining provider, to be its food service provider. As part of the contract, Cura will implement a menu concierge program for hospital patients. In the program,...
- Cura Launches Culinary College. // Food Management;Apr2004, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the establishment of Cura Culinary College by Cura Hospitality Inc. in Pennsylvania. Employee training to increase cooking skill levels and culinary awareness; Increase in the level of food and dining service to residents; Educational investment to improve employee morale.
- Taking Wellness to More Levels. // Food Management;Nov2011, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p20
The article discusses the winning wellness strategy adopted at Cura Hospitality Inc. The company, which is a dining management firm that specializes in servicing senior living facilities, has taken the wellness program concept a step further with a program called LivingLife. LivingLife extends...
- FOR CLIENT SATISFACTION: CURA CONTROLS ITS GROWTH. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p36
Reports that CURA Hospitality based in Orefield, Pennsylvania provides dining services to several retirement communities, assisted-living residences and skilled nursing facilities. Status of the business growth of CURA in 1999; Program developed by CURA to serve its senior residents.
- Mitch Possinger. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;10/30/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 44, p32
The article presents an interview with Mitch Possinger, President of Pittsburgh-based Cura Hospitality. When asked about the importance of sustainability and purchasing of local foods, he preferred seasonings from around the world and incorporating them in dishes. Possinger comments that the...
- Russ Benson. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;4/24/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 17, p34
The article presents an interview with Russ Benson, vice president for guest strategies, Parkhurst Dining Services and Cura Hospitality, a Parkhurst subsidiary. When asked what attracted him to the on-site foodservice business, Benson answered that he developed a liking for cooking and kitchen...