- .PEOPLE/STEAL THIS IDEA. // FoodService Director;5/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p22
The article presents ideas from people in foodservice. The Farmers' Market from Alison Pyron of Haywood County Schools is explained along with Lunch and Learn from Cheryl Torre-Rastetter of Providence Point. Kevin Stuhldreher of Wesley Ridge Retirement Community shares their good old-fashioned...
- SERVING TIME CUT 40 MINS.: Weinberg Village overhauls meal services. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the improvements in food quality at Weinberg Village, an assisted living facility housed on the campus of Jewish Community Center in Tampa, Florida. Improvement in food quality and service; Changes in service structure; Per-day food costs at the facility.
- Fantastic food, clean kitchens are top of the list for retired California couple. Elan, Elisa // Nation's Restaurant News;3/10/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p70
The article describes the food service of an assisted-living facility in San Jose, California chosen by a man named Bill for his mother and father, who are 78 and 80 years old, respectively. According to the author, the senior couple, who are very picky people when it comes to food, are very...
- Market basket. // Food Management;Apr2000, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p105
Presents a selection of convenience foods ideal for food service companies in the United States available as of April 2000. Portabello Lasagna from Nestle Foodservices; Apple and peach fruit desserts from Gold Medal; Line of ready to cook meats from Hillshire Farms; Gusto Garlic Fries from...
- Some place like home. Casper, Carol // Restaurant Business;08/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 15, p63
Looks at the home meal replacement market in the United States in which food service institutions provide convenience foods for consumers' at-home consumption. Attempts at definition; Specialist restaurants; Family dining; Variations; Offerings at grocers and supermarkets.
- Replacement Parts. Brumback, Nancy // Restaurant Business;06/01/99, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p49
Reports on the growth in the popularity of take-out meals in the United States. Survey conducted by the National Restaurant Association; Pizza and Chinese food as major part of the market; Home-meal replacement as the most significant growth opportunity in the food industry; Forecast of an...
- New players are becoming more prominent in home-meal solutions. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;07/27/98, Vol. 32 Issue 30, p25
Editorial. Comments on the increasing number of foodservice operators providing consumers with home-meal replacement solutions in the United States. Growth opportunities in the home-meal solutions market; Entry of supermarket chains in the home-meal replacement business.
- Order Up. Fetto, John // American Demographics;Oct2002, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p56
Discusses the trends in the U.S. public spendings on food away from home as of October 2002. Percentage of U.S. citizens most likely to eat lunch in a sit-down restaurant, by demographic; Projected food and drink sales for 2002 for the various types of food industry vendors; U.S. restaurants'...
- LESS WORK, MORE SATISFACTION: PREPARED GRAB-AND-GO. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p110
Reports on the popularity of grab-and-go meals. Benefits of prewrapped foods; Prewrapped meals served in schools; Popularity of frozen peanut butter sandwich.