Rhapsody In Green
- Heathier choices gain favor. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p76
Reports on the entree salads offered in schools food service. Growth in the popularity of salads in elementary schools; Healthy salads served in some schools; Variations of salads offered at the Hillsborough County schools.
- At the bar. Lydecker, Toni // FoodService Director;4/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p148
Features salad bars found in cafeterias controlled by Brandywine Schools District, which is located in Claymont, Delaware. Comments from food service director Kim Doherty; Information on the self-serve bars. INSETS: The game plan for ready-to-go salads.;Today Caesar reigns..
- Promoting salad bars. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p118
Discusses the efforts of school food service directors to promote salad bars in school cafeterias. Provision of a variety of vegetables, fruits and composed salads; Offering of self-serve salad bars; Setting up of salad bars during meetings; Popularity of all-you-can eat salad bars.
- District and Hospital Partner to Bring Healthy Foods to Students. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p11
The article discusses the collaboration of the foodservice divisions of Cooperstown Central Schools and Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital in serving healthy lunch menus to students.
- Fruit Salads 2.0. Parseghian, Pamela // FoodService Director;8/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p66
The article offers a look at innovative fruit salad ideas in the U.S. food service sector. A traditional Greek combination of watermelon and feta cheese is offered at Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach, California by Executive Chef Sam Sellona. Angelo Spilios of Flik Independent School Dining...
- Ethnic specialties rule. Pearl, Anita // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p72
Describes the popularity of deli sandwiches and salads in schools in the U.S. as of August 2002. Percentage of students at Kent Place School in Summit, New Jersey who will choose items from the deli bar; Recipe for Thousand Island Dressing from Kent Place; Price for a regular deli sandwich at...
- Scaling Back. Taylor, Marygrace // FoodService Director;8/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p62
The article discusses that many non-commercial segments like hospitals and schools, such as Fort Mill School District in South Carolina and Carteret General Hospital in North Carolina, are moving to smaller food portions to create healthier menus.
- Contract giants enjoy boom but dread labor drought. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;06/26/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p138
Analyzes the performance of food service contract companies in the United States in 1999. Problems with labor scarcity; Revenue gains from the health care sector and elementary and secondary school markets; Increase in the signing of multi-unit contracts; Ranking of contract food service chains...
- NEWS. // FoodService Director;8/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p5
Presents news briefs on the food industry in the U.S. as of August 15, 2004. Resignation of Nadeem Siddiqui as executive director of dining services at Stanford University; Launch of specialty salads at Palm Beach School District as reimbursable meals in its middle schools and high schools;...