Latino Fare with Flair
- Leveraging a Comfort Food Favorite. // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p36
The article offers information about the Le Mac menu offered by Aramark at the University of Delaware, which won the Best Station Concept award.
- Hofstra Univ. adds to menu, prevents boredom. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;2/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p14
The article focuses on the food service available at the Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York. Now, more than ever, variety in food service is not simply about adding a couple of Americanized ethnic dishes to the cycle menu of entrees served in a cafeteria's steam wells. Variety branches...
- 'Cool and Crazy.'. Stephenson, Susie // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p26
Provides information on a servery called Ro*Tiki at the Vanderbilt University. Background on the establishment of the servery; Dishes served; Difference of its ordering system from other on-line food ordering systems.
- Colored Stickers ID Diet Fare at Ball State. // Food Management;Nov2004, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p18
The article reports that Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana has come up with a simple color-coded sticker system to identify menu choices that conform to different diet regimens, in order to help students negotiate the wide range of choices they face in the university's residence dining...
- class act. Rabat, Maria // Vegetarian Times;Aug2001, Issue 288, p13
Presents information on Terra Ve, a dining program developed by Chartwells Educational Dining Services which will be launched in several universities and colleges in the United States in August 2001. Description of the Terra Ve menus.
- Customer-ized Deli. S. H. // FoodService Director;8/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p50
The article deals with the customized menu items offered by the deli stations at Bowdoin College in Brunswick, Maine. It mentions that the staff at the Moulton Union Dining Hall listened to the requests and comments of students and started naming delis for students based on interactions,...
- MU adds exec. chef. // FoodService Director;5/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p3
The article reports that the Campus Dining Services at the University of Missouri in Columbia has added an executive chef position to its staff. The position will be filled by Eric Cartwright, who has previously worked as a sous chef at the university, as well as at Virginia Tech, in Blacksburg,...
- Always the favorite. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;8/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p66
Relates the popularity of chicken menus at university cafeterias in the U.S. Use of chicken as the main ingredient in food recipes at Union College in Schenectady, New York; Sample chicken dishes offered at West Oregon University in Monmouth; Basic chicken dishes served at Central Washington...
- Contemplating a Program. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;8/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p50
The article focuses on a dormitory room food delivery service being planned by Campus Dining Services at Bentley College in Waltham, Massachusetts. General manager Jamie Cornacchia says that he would like to offer such service but issues like high labor costs and keeping the food hot hinder him....