- Side Dishes. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/24/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p42
Reports developments in food service around the world as of June 2002. Rumor about the use of phony pass by Morton Restaurant Group chairman and chief executive Allen J. Bernstein in New York City; Use of ducks to devour the plague of crop-eating locusts in Tianjin, China; Popularity of CafÃ©...
- Bonus pay: How much is too much? // Restaurant Business;7/20/93, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p92
Examines bonus pay as part of the compensation package of chief executive officers (CEO). CEO's who collected more than half their cash compensation in bonuses; Criticisms from activist shareholders; Determinants of bonus pay of various CEO's; Shareholder's preference for stock options.
- MFHA joins Darden at winter meeting. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/24/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the gathering between members of the board of the Multicultural Foodservice & Hospitality Alliance and Joe Lee, chairman and chief executive of Darden Restaurants in Orlando, Florida.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/05/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p14
Presents news items concerning the restaurant industry in the United States as of March 2001. Women's Foodservice Forum's launch of a Chief Executive Officer Advisory Group; University of South Carolina School of Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management's Selection of Hasmukh Rama, chairman and...
- Turbulent economy leads to growing number of C-suite shakeups for many foodservice leaders. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;6/23/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 25, p14
The article reports on the rising rates of turnover among chief executives in the foodservice industry attributed or credited to the economic crisis.
- AND WATCHES COUNTS RISE: Long Island dist. adds profile to elem. meals. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the upgrade of the meal choices of the food serve by Chartwells foodservice at Kings Park School District at its Park View and Fort Salonga Elementary Schools. Percentage increase in participation; Upgrade in the core lunch items.
- An active interest. Fisher, Leo D'Angelo // BRW;1/25/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p97
The article focuses on the leadership of chief executive officer (CEO) David Simpson at the Melbourne, Victoria-based not-for-profit organization, the Bluearth Institute (BI). BI was founded in 2000 to improve the health of primary school children by encouraging physical activity. Simpson's...
- What's the scoop on school screenings? // Current Health 1;Sep94, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p28
Presents an anecdote to explain the reasons behind screenings for health problems in school. Screening for myopia or hyperopia; Spinal screenings to detect scoliosis; Hearing tests.
- Fun is Critical. // District Administration;Oct2003, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on the importance of school recesses being the critical part of the elementary school day among school children in the U.S. Importance of fun activities to children; Desire to curb obesity problems in the country; Contribution of activity to creativity and cooperation in class.