A Generous Serving of Fun
- Food safety in assisted living: New skills needed. Gaines, Robin // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Aug2006, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p44
The article reports on why, with more open dining arrangements than nursing homes, assisted living requires skilled food-safety specialists. Compared with that of nursing homes, the dining model of assisted living is diverse. Residents may eat in common dining areas, restaurants, snack bars, or...
- CONSUMPTION UP, PLATE-WASTE DOWN: WICHITA LTC SWITCHES TO BUFFET. // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p5
Highlights the buffet dining program implemented at Presbyterian Manor, an assisted-living facility in Wichita, Kansas. Benefits of the program; Examples of foods featured in the program.
- Senior Facility Grows Own Herbs. // Food Management;Aug2008, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p14
The article reports on the food service offered by Ridgecrest Restaurant, operated by Metz & Associates Ltd. in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner daily to residents and staff and people in RiverWoods, a senior living community in the city. Gary Verruni, Metz General...
- The Tea and Toast Syndrome: Psychosocial Aspects of Congregate Dining. Myer, Cara // Generations;Fall2004, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p92
The article focuses on the impotence and benefits of congregate dining. Many physiological, socioeconomical and educational factors affect the nutritional status of elders. Older adults can be at high nutritional risk as a result of health, socioeconomic, or psychosocial factors. Malnutrition in...
- Annual dinner for Hudson Valley Senior Residence. Keegan, Theresa // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/26/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p7
The article announces the annual community dinner on October 29, 2009 that will be hosted by the Hudson Valley Senior Residence in New York. Lee Rasmason, administrator of the residence, discusses the goals of the dinner which include recognizing the outstanding volunteer and raise money for the...
- Savoring the Season. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management Exclusive Insight;10/21/2014, p3
The article reports on the harvest-themed dinner that was served at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based senior living community Providence Point in October 2014. Foods served featured ingredients from local farms that were used in some recipes developed by Cura Hospitality chefs Caleb Hicks and Scott...
- Dining is Prime at The Country House. // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/19/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 20, pS47
The article focuses on The Country House, a retirement residence and an assisted living services, that has been serving seniors for 31 years in Westchester, New York. During lunch or dinner, its residents can choose from two entrees of the day or one of the many a la carte selections, which...
- Feast Fast. Martelli, Rose; Keller, Amy; Gillis, Danielle // Redbook;Aug99, Vol. 193 Issue 3, p139
Presents eating customs in restaurants. Why become a regular customer; Foods which are served fast; Paying in cash.
- MAIN STREET MARKET. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Sep2001, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p44
Focuses on the dining services of Macaroni Medical Systems in Highland Heights, Ohio. Services offered to potential customer representatives; Design of the place; Marketing strategies of the company.