Stimulus Package Won't Prevent Deep Recession
- Revenue Outlook Still Weak. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p11
The article presents an economic outlook for Lithuania as of March 2011. It anticipates that the planned deficit reduction to 3% of gross domestic product (GDP) by 2012 is quite ambitious, particularly as Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius' administration faces a key election in October 2012....
- Eurozone Hopes In Balance. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2006, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p12
Presents an economic outlook for Lithuania for 2006 and 2007. Plan of the state to join the eurozone in 2007; Analysis of trends suggesting that the 12-month average rate will be higher than hoped for by officials between the June and September 2007; Forecast on the ability of Lithuania to...
- Fiscal Weakness Continues. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;
The article presents the economic outlook for Lithuania in 2010 by Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI). It notes that the country's fiscal predicament will continue as the administration of Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius is heading a parliamentary minority and planning additional reforms...
- CIA: The World Factbook: Lithuania. // CIA World Fact Book;2011, p393
The article presents facts on Eastern European country Lithuania as of 2011. It says that it has an estimated population of 3,535,547 Lithuanians who speak several languages including Polish, Russian, and Lithuanian. It mentions that the country is headed by President Dalia Grybauskaite and...
- Lithuania's HICP inflation rises modestly in Feb. // Regional Today;3/13/2014, p1
The article reports on the increase in the European Union harmonized index of consumer prices in Lithuania in February 2014.
- Deflation To Continue. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p11
The article analyzes the economic outlook for Lithuania from 2010-2014. It notes that deflation will continue through the first half of 2010. It further states that inflationary pressures is projected to remain weak into 2011. Moreover, it mentions that consumer price inflation will come in at...
- Country Intelligence: Report: Lithuania. // Lithuania Country Monitor;Oct2013, p1
The article presents information on the prospects of the economic condition of Lithuania. The economic growth of Lithuania is expected to remain robust in the second half of the year 2013. Consumer spending is seeing growth in 2013. It is predicted that capital investment will expand in 2013 and...
- Lithuania's Q3 GDP growth slows. // Regional Today;12/02/2013, p1
The article presents the data issued by the Lithuanian Central Statistical Bureau as of December 2013, which showed that Lithuania's economic growth slowed down in the third quarter of 2013 but to a lesser extent than projected.
- ValiutÅ² kriziÅ² poveikis ekonomikoms: Rusijos atvejis ir atgarsiai Lietuvoje. PUKELIENĖ, Violeta; DEKSNYTĖ, Indrė // Applied Economics: Systematic Research;2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p151
The article deals with Russian currency crisis in 1998 and its impact on Lithuania's economy, evaluates a suitability of the exchange market pressure index for assessment of the country's economic vulnerability as well as predicting potential currency crisis.