Industrial Data Confirms Recession Outlook
- Outlook and Assumptions: Alternative Scenarios. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Mar2012, p3
The article forecasts alternative scenarios that could affect the economic development in Slovakia in 2012, including weaker gross domestic product (GDP) growth, better economic performance and the impact of the victory of center-right parties in the March 2012 election on business environment.
- Outlook and Assumptions: Alternative Scenarios. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Jun2012, p4
The article forecasts the economic performance of Slovakia as of June 2012 with regards to its alternative scenarios wherein gross domestic product (GDP) growth is expected to be weak if key export markets in Europe underperform.
- Economic Growth: Capital Investment - Recent Developments. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Jun2012, p9
The article reports on the economic condition of Slovakia as of June 2012 with regards to its capital investment which affected overall gross domestic product (GDP) growth negatively in 2011.
- Slovakia industrial production growth slows in Feb. // Regional Today;4/11/2014, p1
The article reports that the growth of Slovakia's industrial production slowed in February 2014, recording an increase of 9.1 percent which is lower than the 12.8 percent growth recorded in the previous month.
- Sticking With Longer-Term Koruna Strength. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p8
Offers an economic outlook for Slovakia for 2006. Impact of the short-term weakness of its currency, the koruna, on efforts to contain inflation in 2007; Rise in the country's interest rates at the end of May; Outlook for real gross domestic product growth.
- Upbeat On The Koruna. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2006, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p8
The article presents an economic outlook for Slovakia, as of December 2006. Real gross domestic product is forecast to grown at an average of 5.7 percent, which will be driven by a fairly broad-based boom across the economy. More component suppliers to the automotive industry is expected to set...
- Robust Growth To Continue. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2007, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p1
The article focuses on the economic conditions in Slovakia as of the first quarter of 2007. It is stated that the Slovak economy remains the fastest growing in central Europe, with its real gross domestic product coming in at 9.0 percent. Exports of goods and services increased by 24.2 percent...
- Budget Deficit Continues To Narrow. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2007, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p9
The article forecasts the economic conditions in Slovakia for 2007. The country's budget balance continues to improve, with the deficit forecast to reach 2.9% of gross domestic product (GDP) by end-2007. Slovakia still maintains one of the largest deficits in the European Union, being the fourth...
- Heading Into Recession. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2009, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses an economic outlook for Slovakia for 2009. It is forecasted that the country will not be able to stop recession from happening in 2009. It is predicted that gross domestic product will contract by 0.9 percent in the forecast period. Consumer confidence and external demand...