Benchmark, Branson Keep Eyes on Cleantech Road
- Benchmark Funds Israeli Toolbar Maker. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;1/17/2008, p6
The article reports on the $8 million investment secured by Israeli maker of white-label toolbars and syndication tools Conduit from a financing round from Benchmark Capital. The investment will be used to expand Conduit's marketing and research and development. According to Michael Eisenberg, a...
- Zuora raises $6.5 Mn in Series A funding. // Siliconindia;Apr2008, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p17
The article reports that Zuora Inc., a California-based company, has received $6.5 million funding in the Series A round from the investors headed by Benchmark Capital. Accordingly, Zuora intends to use the funds in deploying a new business strategy for product development and to improve its...
- Venture Capitalists As Economic Principals. Kaplan, Steven N.; Stromberg, Per // NBER Reporter;Summer2003, p22
Describes the empirical work comparing the contracts and actions of real world economic principals with their counterparts in financial contracting theory. Discussion of contracting; Things done by venture capitalists before making an investment and financial decision; Implications and conclusions.
- Venturing beyond their own back yards. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p19
Focuses on the out-of-state deals of some venture capital (VC) firms in Indiana. Efforts of venture capitalists to seek the most attractive potential deals; Concentration most VC firms within a particular industry or field of expertise for their particular partners; Reasons some out-of-state VC...
- Venture capital funds show gains again. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p25
Reports on one-year average gain generated by U.S. venture capital funds in the 12 months through March 2004. Average loss; Survey by research firm Thomson Venture Economics and the lobby group National Venture Capital Association; Guide to changes in venture capital returns.
- Investor's Powder Stays Dry as a Bone. McKnight, Marshall // njbiz;5/12/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p6
Presents statistics on venture capitalists investments in New Jersey during the first quarter of 2003. Total amount of investments for the period; Number of companies which received investments; Difficulty facing companies searching for funds.
- Boeing and Virgin launch biofuel effort. // Machine Design;6/21/2007, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p32
The article reports on the biofuel initiative launched by the airline Virgin Atlantic and Boeing Co. as part of the purchase of 15 Boeing 787-9 aircraft by Virgin Atlantic. Under the initiative, the companies plan to develop biofuels for jet aircraft and to demonstrate results using a 747-400...
- Branson Bets on Biofuels. // Future Survey;Jul2007, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the launch of the Virgin Earth Challenge which offers a $25 million prize by Virgin Group founder Richard Branson of Great Britain. The Virgin Fuels venture of Branson has committed more than $400 million to research on using enzymes and genetically modified (GM) organisms...
- Gemvara Gets Funding From Balderton. YOUNG, VICKI M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/5/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 70, p7
The article reports that Lexington, Massachusetts-based Gemvara Inc., an online retailer of customer-designed fine jewelry, is getting 15 million dollars of funds from Balderton Capital, a leading venture capital firm in Europe. Gemvara says that it plans to use the capital to enhance its...