Amazon Margins Squeezed; Shares Skid
- E-Commerce Giants' EPS Top. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/26/2015, pB02
- Amazon Meets Q1 EPS Target. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/25/2014, pA01
- Amazon.com Swings To Unexpected Profit In Q3. MAX A. CHERNEY // Investors Business Daily;10/22/2015, p00
The article reports on the increase of electronic commerce company Amazon.com Inc.'s profit in the third quarter of 2015 as revenue rose 23% and also beats analysts' expectations. It states that the company posted revenue of $25.4 billion and earned 15 cents a share. It also mentions the...
- Hachette rebuffs Amazon bid. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/29/2014, pA02
The publisher and e-commerce giant are reportedly still disputing e-book prices, which had led to
- Better Margins Propel Kohl's. Casabona, Liza // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/11/2006, Vol. 192 Issue 30, p11
The article reports on the financial results of retailer Kohl's Corp. during the second quarter ended July 29, 2006. Its second-quarter sales and earnings exceeded Wall Street's expectations, partly because of increased gross margin rates. Earnings for the six-month period grew to $399.6...
- Saks Inc. Back in Black in 3rd Quarter. Zaczkiewicz, Arthur // DNR: Daily News Record;11/21/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 47, p12
The article discusses the financial results posted by retailer Saks Incorporated for the third quarter of 2005 which ended October 25. The results reversed the firm's operating loss in 2004. Sales during the quarter declined 11.2 percent. Net income was $225,000, or zero cents per share. The...
- ANN TAYLOR CUTS OUTLOOK. Poggi, Jeanine // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/19/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 108, p8
The article reports on the financial results of AnnTaylor Stores Corp. in the third quarter of 2007. It posted a 4 percent rise in third-quarter earnings, but slashed its full-year forecast because of economic uncertainty. For the three months ended November 3, 2007, earnings increased to $40.8...
- AEO Net Climbs 23%, Forecast Below Estimates. Zaczkiewicz, Arthur // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/23/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 111, p2
The article reports on the financial results of American Eagle Outfitters for the first quarter of 2007. The specialty retailer delivered a 25 percent earnings per share gain for the first quarter, but it said that second-quarter earnings were expected to come in lower than analysts' estimates....
- Amazon Delivers Shock Profit. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/23/2015, pA01
2 The e-commerce giant swung to a per-share profit of 17 cents from a 95-cent per-share loss last year, while analysts were expecting a loss of 13 cents a share. Revenue grew 23% to $25.4 bil, beating views for $24.9 bil. At the midpoint of Q4 views, Amazon sees revenue of $35.1 bil, about in...