Yahoo: Bracing for Bad
- Jerry Yang Lays Cards on the Table. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;3/18/2008, p6
No abstract available.
- Yahoo turns to telecom as Internet biz languishes. // RCR Wireless News;2/4/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p15
The article reveals the plan of Yahoo Inc. to slash 1,000 jobs in the wake of a fourth quarter that saw profits plunge nearly 24%. The Internet giant also issued a disappointing 2008 guidance. Chief executive Jerry Yang said it is a pivotal time for Yahoo's business and they have a unique window...
- The Birth of a Mascot. // Brandweek;06/28/99, Vol. 40 Issue 26, IQ p31
Profiles Jerry Yang, one of the founders of Yahoo!, an Internet directory company. Highlights of a meeting with Yang; His vision for the company; How Karen Edwards, director of branding at Yahoo!, described Yang.
- Yahoo Beats the Street. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;4/22/2008, p2
The article reports on the revenue posted by Yahoo in the first quarter of 2008. The company reported that its revenue reached $1.35 billion, excluding traffic acquisition costs. According to Jerry Yang, chief executive and co-founder of Yahoo, the company's biggest opportunity lies in display...
- Riding the waves. Adegoke, Yinka // New Media Age;6/16/2005, p22
This paper presents an interview of Jerry Yang, co-founder of Yahoo!, about developments in the Internet industry from 1995 to 2005. Most people focus on the ups and downs of the stock market and a bit of the business cycle. I like to think the companies that are still around are more mature....
- Playing technology futures. Dancer, Helen // Australian Personal Computer;Oct96, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p110
Interviews Yahoo! Corp. co-founder Jerry Yang concerning the company's appeal to investors. Venture's initial funding from Sequoia Capital; Yang's title as chief yahoo or Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle; Yahoo's advertising-based revenue model; Value of an ongoing relationship with...
- Spencer Feels Jerry Yang's Pain. // eWeek;1/30/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p23
The article announces that Jerry Yang has resigned from Yahoo! Inc., the Internet and search engine company co-founded by him in 1995.
- HOW YAHOO! WON THE SEARCH WARS. Stross, Randall E. // Fortune;3/2/1998, Vol. 137 Issue 4, p148
Considers the changes in Yahoo! from its beginnings as an Internet search site to its becoming the next America Online. The history of the company and the story on its founders Jerry Yand and David Filo; The influence of Yahoo! as a Website; The flawless marketing of Yahoo!; The number of people...
- Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang resigns. Joseph, Sebastian // Marketing Week (Online Edition);1/18/2012, p13
The article reports that the co-founder of Yahoo! Inc., Jerry Yang, has resigned from his position.