Google and DoCoMo Hook Up
- mmO2: i-mode launch looks certain. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;January 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p234
Reports on the planned partnership between mobile communication company, NTT DoCoMo Inc., and mmO2 PLC to bring i-mode mobile content to Great Britain. Terms of the partnership; Benefits of the agreement on both companies; Features of the i-mode system.
- Across A Great Divide. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;12/11/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 49, p1
Reports that AT&T will be setting up a subsidiary to develop and manage all of its mobile Internet services in the United States. Expectation on its alliance with NTT DoCoMo; Estimate on the number of its subscribers.
- IP to the Core. Walley, Wayne // Global Telephony;Sep2000, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p6
Reports on Japanese telecommunications company NTT DoCoMo's involvement in tests to develop a next-generation mobile communication network based on Internet protocol (IP). Collaboration with vendor teams such as Cisco Systems Inc., Motorola and Xybridge; Evaluation of the viability of an all-IP...
- SAYONARA WAP. Hadfield, Peter // New Scientist;10/21/2000, Vol. 168 Issue 2261, p39
Reports that the Internet subscription service known as i-mode is Japan's latest so-called technofad as of October, 2000. Introduction of i-mode by Internet service provider DoCoMo; Features of the Mobile Internet, including electronic mail; Popularity of Internet-ready phones with Japanese...
- DoCoMo adds fewer subs in May than rivals. // RCR Wireless News;6/17/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p22
Reports on the number of additional subscribers of NTT DoCoMo in May 2002. Number of subscribers of other carriers; Increase in the number of mobile Internet service customers of DoCoMo.
- Japan's Model of Mobile Ecosystem Success: The Case of NTT DoCoMo. Amoroso, Donald L.; Ogawa, Mikako // Journal of Emerging Knowledge on Emerging Markets (JEKEM);Nov2011, Vol. 3, p1
The article discusses how NTT DoCoMo Inc. has influenced the growth of cell phone users in Japan by allowing mobile devices to access the Internet. It is noted that the i-mode of the mobile service provider has brought Internet technologies to marginalized groups which consist of women, the...
- mmO2: i-mode launch looks certain. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;January 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p9
Highlights the business agreement between the Japan-based mobile communications company, NTT DoCoMo and mmO2 to bring i-mode mobile content in Great Britain. Business operations and strategies; Effects of the launch of i-mode by O2 on a possible business deal with Telefonica; Implications for...
- Wind and NTT in data link-up. // Utility Week;7/4/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the strategic alliance between Wind Telecomunicazioni, the telecoms unit of Italian energy company Enel, and Japanese operator NTT DoCoMo to market mobile data services in Italy. Term of the partnership; Schedule of the plan of Wind to introduce mobile data services that carry...
- Big in Japan. // Euronet;Oct2000, Issue 5, p58
NTT DoCoMo's hugely successful i-mode service is proving to be a source of more than a little inspiration to European mobile operators in their quest for mobile data and m-commerce revenues. According to the Japanese Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications, the total Japanese Internet business...