Techspin: Capitalism and Its Discontents
- Entrepreneurs Saving the World. // Forbes Asia;Dec2014, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p118
Several photographs of entrepreneurs in the 2nd annual Forbes 400 Summit on Philanthropy including Bill Gates, Muhammad Yunus, and Paul Tudor Jones are presented.
- Look beyond mere ownership in defining entrepreneurship. Willax, Paul // New Hampshire Business Review;01/14/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p3
Replies to an inquiry about the true definition of entrepreneurship. Roles of entrepreneurs; Microsoft Corp. head Bill Gates' views on the characteristics of true entrepreneurs; Type of behavior expected from entrepreneurs; Entrepreneurial beginnings of businesspeople.
- Chance for survival. Stern, Stefan // Accountancy;Dec2000, Vol. 126 Issue 1288, p39
The article focuses on the innovation technique used by companies to survive in the fierce competition. Gary Hamel, a great phrasemaker who wrote 'Leading the Revolution', highlighted the beginning of a period of business revolution. Steady incremental change will not be sufficient for survival....
- Don't let the right hijack enterprise. Hutton, Will // New Statesman;04/10/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4481, p25
Deals with the economic and social implications of the enterprise and entrepreneurship. Achievements of businessmen Bill Gates and Tim Berners-Lee; Views on the state intervention on the economy; What motivates entrepreneurs.
- TWITTERATI. // Financial Management;May2013, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p13
Posts on the microblog service Twitter by notable persons are presented including Bill Gates, founder of high technologies firm Microsoft on economic conditions in Africa, by Christine Lagarde, managing director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) on economic conditions in Ireland and by...
- REMEMBER THIS. // Management Today;Dec2004, mt.it p5
The article presents the statement of Microsoft chief Bill Gates on the importance of human resource, "If I had a dollar left in the world, I'd spend it on PR."
- The educational discourse of the super rich. Giroux, Henry // Catholic New Times;10/25/2010, p5
The article examines the negative aspects of the corporate elite's educational philanthropy in the U.S. According to the author, corporate elite members such as Bill Gates claim to foster educational reform but they failed to consider the real problems of public education. He adds that they have...
- The Misanthrope's Corner. King, Florence // National Review;12/6/1999, Vol. 51 Issue 23, p76
The article defends Microsoft Corp. and its chairman, Bill Gates from Judge Thomas Penfield Jackson's opinion. While U.S. Department of Justice, led by Attorney General Janet Reno villify Gates as a monopolist, the rest of the public praises him as an epitome of the entrepreneurial spirit of the...
- Swinging Gates. // New Republic;2/13/2008, Vol. 238 Issue 2, p2
The article discusses how Bill Gates, founder and chief executive officer of Microsoft, has expressed his concerns about the limits of the market place. Gates spoke at the Davos Economic Forum, and in his speech he explained his concerns about capitalism. It is reported that through his...