Box.net Gets $6M, Awaits Google's Move
- Piczo secures backing as it plans international expansion. McCormick, Andew // New Media Age;1/18/2007, p2
The article reports that Piczo, a social networking site in Great Britain, has won $11 million of second-round funding as it plans for international expansion. Piczo has received funding from Mangrove Capital and US Venture Partners. According to Chris Seth, Piczo managing director in Great...
- iBeam.it. // Choice Computer;Sep/Oct2014, p7
The article previews the iBeam.it file-sharing online service.
- E-wannabes don't have the first idea. Bonello, Deborah // Campaign (UK);07/14/2000, Issue 28, p14
Comments on the continued proliferation of Internet start-up ideas despite the fluctuating performance of technology stocks in 1999 and 2000. Lure of money and fame; Efforts to win venture capital.
- Zillow Rival Snags $6M. // Red Herring;4/16/2007, Vol. 4 Issue 14, p6
The article offers information on a new funding of San Ramon, California-based provider of online tools for buying houses and cars Reply.com. Reply.com has closed on $6 million in new funding from a venture capital syndicate and a former Apple Inc. executive. The total funding of the company has...
- Sinexus raises $20M in 'B'; Earnhardt new president/CEO. // Medical Device Daily;6/6/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 109, p3
The article reports on the partnership of PTV Sciences with the premier venture capital (VC) backers of Sinexus in a $20 million Series B financing. The round was led by PTV along with investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and U.S. Venture Partners. Sinexus is a developer of new therapies...
- BOX. // Computer Shopper;Sep2014, Issue 319, p99
The article offers brief information on the Box cloud storage and file sharing software from the company Box.
- The New Napsters. Warner, Melanie // Fortune;8/12/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 3, p115
Focuses on the problem of free downloading of music in the industry. Efforts of big record labels and the movie industry to do away with file-sharing services and peer-to-peer architecture; Decline in the global sales of compact discs; Launch of online music subscription services by several big...
- What Price Rhapsody? It Starts At $0. Brund, Antony // Billboard;5/7/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 19, p10
Reports on the Rhapsody service offered by subscription music services provider RealNetworks in its aim to match existing peer-to-peer services. Launch by RealNetworks of its Rhapsody to Go service; Upgrade done by RealNetworks on its Harmony service.
- Virtually Working. Hallinan, Eric R. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Dec2009, Vol. 89 Issue 12, p93
The article informs about online services that allow companies to share files, access e-mail, coordinate calendars and manage contacts from anywhere. It also mentions virtual phone systems like the basic inbound 800 number and the voice over Internet protocol (VOIP) technology. The article also...