AT&T Reports Profit Jump, 2M Apple iPhones
- AT&T: We've Been Stealing Cable Subs. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/27/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p3
The article focuses on the business developments of AT&T. According to Rick Lindner, chief financial officer of AT&T, asserts that more than 60% of the customers have signed up for the phone company's U-verse services are from cable competitors. He clarifies that despite the economic slowdown...
- AT&T TO ACQUIRE MEXICO WIRELESS PROVIDER IUSACELL. // RBOC Update;Dec2014, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p5
The article discusses American Telephone & Telegraph's (AT&T) entry into an agreement with Grupo Salinas for the 2.5 billion-dollar acquisition of Mexican wireless company Iusacell, inclusive of its debts. Topics covered include the wireless service of Iusacell which is used by 70 percent of...
- Time for Carriers to Swing for the Fences. Berg, Andrew // Wireless Week;May2013, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p4
The article presents outlook for the wireless communication industry. It is informed that some high-profile mergers and acquisitions are likely to take place in 2013 to create a third carrier who can compete with Verizon and AT&T. The author compares the industry's move with that of baseball...
- COMMUNICATIONS. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;5/7/2012, Vol. 41 Issue 41, p7
The article reports on the plan of AT&T to introduce fourth-generation (4G) Long Term Evolution (LTE) wireless network technology in Salt Lake City, Utah in late 2012.
- AT&T Strengthens Mobile Coverage across East Texas. // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);8/6/2009, Vol. 102 Issue 31, p1
The article reports on the announcement made by telecommunication company AT&T in the U.S. regarding its activation of more than 25 new cell sites in East Texas which will improve mobile of residents and businesses in the area.
- AT&T LAUNCHES MICROSITE FOR CHICAGO AREA TO SHOW UP-TO-DATE LOCAL NETWORK UPGRADES. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;6/27/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 21, p4
The article focuses on the launch of a microsite by the company AT&T that will provide a wireless network enhancement and Internet speed upgrades in Chicago, Illinois.
- AT&T LAUNCHES MICROSITE FOR CHICAGO AREA TO SHOW UP-TO-DATE LOCAL NETWORK UPGRADES. // Chicago Weekend;6/27/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 25, p4
The article focuses on the launching of a wireless network system by AT&T, a telecommunication service provider, for the areawireless users of Chicago, Illinois.
- Region Likely to Win as Wireless Wars Intensify. Carr, Reo // San Diego Business Journal;12/12/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 50, p43
The article discusses several reasons why the wireless wars waged by Verizon Wireless, AT&T, and their allies provide special importance in San Diego, California.
- Company Overview. // SBC Communications, Inc. SWOT Analysis;May2008, p4
An overview of AT&T, a company which provides a wide range of telecommunications services, is presented. Data is included on revenues generated in fiscal year 2007, as well as principal business offered, including local exchange services and wireless communication services.