Wipro Arabia wins $100 million outsourcing deal from Saudi airline
- Saudi Airlines Awards 5-Yr, $100Mn IT Infrastructure Services Contract to Wipro Arabia. // EmergingMarketsNOW;1/22/2008, p12
The article reports that Saudi Arabian Airlines has awarded a 5-year, $100 million IT infrastructure services contract to Wipro Arabia. The contract entails Wipro Arabia to improve the IT infrastructure of the airline with a scalable and competent infrastructure platform. It will also provide a...
- Saudi Arabian to privatise in 2003. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/20/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 42, p18
Reports the awarding of contract to a consortium headed by BNP Paribas for the privatization of Saudi Arabian Airlines in Saudi Arabia. Companies included in the consortium; Submission of proposals for the planned privatization; Implementation of the proposals.
- Banks bid for Saudi privatisation mandate. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/16/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 24, p13
Focuses on the participation of international banks in the search for a financial adviser to privatize the national carrier, Saudi Arabian Airlines. Evaluation of the bids of Deutsche Bank and Chase Manhattan; Requirement for the financial adviser to provide legal and management consultants;...
- Saudi Arabian's privatization pilgrimage. Hill, Leonard // Air Transport World;Aug2001, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p93
Provides information on the privatization of carrier Saudi Arabian Airlines planned for 2004-2005. Details of the airline's restructuring effort; Establishment of the Supreme Economic Council; Professionalism of Saudia Catering, which serves the airline; Growth expectation of the airline.
- Banks queue up for Saudia privatisation. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/4/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 31, p14
Reports the submission of proposals by international/local pairings of banks for the privatization of the Saudi Arabian Airlines in Saudi Arabia. List of banks submitting their proposals; Mandate to be awarded to the successful bidders; Preparation for a privatization study and implementation...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/24/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p27
The article reports on issues and events related to the transportation sector in the Middle East as of April 2006. Several companies are preparing to submit contract proposals to provide technical assistance to the Jordan Public Transport Regulatory Commission. Abu Dhabi Airports Co. has been...
- Catering set for outsourcing. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/23/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p19
The article reports on the final bidding for the privatization of the Saudi Arabian Airlines catering division. The bidding is due to begin on February 27, 2007 after a delay of several weeks. According to an airline official, 13 companies have prequalified, although one of the international...
- Saudi Arabian prepares for privatisation. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/13/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 41, p15
Focuses on Saudi Arabian Airline's expected announcement on October 8, 2000 which institutions will be appointed to prepare a study for its proposed privatization. International/local groups of banks that have offered bids; Operations of Saudi Arabian in 1999.
- Privatisation is poised for take off. Gavin, James // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/2/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 22, p25
Looks at the proposed privatization of Saudi Arabian Airlines, the national flag carrier of Saudi Arabia. Initial sale of the airline's catering, in-flight and international sales offices; Saudi government's plan to appoint an investment bank to advise on the privatization options; Improvement...