Apple Talks iPhones in Thailand
- AIS earmarks around THB70bn for mobile, fixed development. // Asia-Pacific Telecom;Nov2014, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p18
The article reports that Thailand's largest mobile operator by subscribers, Advanced Info Service (AIS), has budgeted between 457 million-609 million dollars for a 4G 1800MHz/900MHz license when they are auctioned in the third quarter of 2015.
- AIS selects Huawei AAU mobile broadband solution. // Asia-Pacific Telecom;Nov2014, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p19
The article reports that the Huawei Active Antenna Unit (AAU)-based Easy Macro solution has been deployed by Thai mobile market leader Advanced Info Service (AIS) across major cities in its existing network.
- App launch benefits SMEs. Albert, Angeline // Supply Management;11/11/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p06
The article reports on the launch of the application for Public Contract Scotland (PCS), the purchasing portal of the Scottish government, that will allow business enterprises to access contract notices as they are posted via Apple iPhones and iPads.
- Apple's iPhone Gets Contract-Free Option. Sadighi, Lalee // Red Herring;7/1/2008, p2
This article reports on the plan of AT&T to offer its customers the possibility to purchase the 3G iPhone without the mandatory two-year contract in the U.S. in 2008. The iPhone will sell for $199 or $299 depending on the phone's storage capacity. The no-contract option would boost the price to...
- PayPal Working On Point-Of-Sale Reseller Program. Woodward, Kevin // CardLine;11/12/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 47, p26
The article reports on an agreement between PayPal Inc. and VeriFone Systems Inc. to enable PalPal to use VeriFone's face-to-face transactions. It is stated that by bumping phones with PayPal users' iPhones, VeriFone PayWare Mobile users would be able to accept PayPal funds. It is mentioned that...
- ARE YOU PAYING TOO MUCH FOR YOUR PHONE? // Computer Shopper;Aug2015, Issue 330, p124
The article discusses the total cost of ownership (TCO) of a mobile phone and SIM-only contract. Topics covered include the advantage of opting for a 24-month contract, the benefits of SIM-only contracts such as cheap cost and the sale of an old smartphone. A chart is presented that shows the...
- Asian telecoms this month. // Telecom Asia;Jul2008, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p16
The article offers news briefs related to the telecommunications industry in Asia. China Telecom Ltd. is asking foreign investors to help finance its planned acquisition of China Unicom Ltd.'s CDMA business. Advanced Info Service plans to invest 20 billion baht on its 3G network in Bangkok,...
- AIS to increase small cell sites in Thailand. Majithia, Kavit // Capacity Magazine;3/16/2015, p1
Mobile operator Advanced Info Service (AIS) is reportedly set to boost its number of small cell sites to 3,000 facilities across Thailand.
- asia. // Lightwave;Aug2005, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p8
Reports developments related to the telecommunication industry in Asia. Selection of Eatontown, New Jersey-based Amedia Networks Inc. to deploy open access networks for China-based Tai Long Communications; Upgrade made to the core network of Bangkok, Thailand-based TOT Corp.; Contracts secured...