FON Pitches Free Wi-Fi in San Francisco
- Power Recloser App Released for iPhone and iPad. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;7/ 3/2012, p4
The article provides information on the NOJA Power Recloser application (App) designed to interface to NOJA Power RC10 Recloser control and communications cubicles through the optional Wireless Fidelity (WiFi) router accessory.
- NETWORK YOUR BACKYARD. Outmesguine, Mike // Popular Science;Jun2006, Vol. 268 Issue 6, p72
The article offers step-by-step instructions for installing solar-powered Wi-Fi routers in the backyard.
- Popular Science names 'Power Over Wi-Fi' one of the year's game-changing technologies. Langston, Jennifer // Designfax;11/24/2015, Vol. 11 Issue 44, p1
The article focuses on the Power Over Wi-Fi system (PoWiFi), developed by the engineers at the University of Washington (UW), which uses ambient signals from a Wi-Fi router to power sensors in a low-resolution camera and other power devices and presents views of study's co-author Shyam Gollakota.
- New Wifi NETGEAR Routers Faster than 802.11n. // CD Computing News;Jun2012, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p2
The article offers brief information on the next-generation 802.11ac NETGEAR R6300 WiFi routers and the NETGEAR A6200 WiFi adapter from NetgearÂ® Inc.
- Wi-Fi Alliance to Certify Gear for VoIP Use. Ricknäs, Mikael // PCWorld;Sep2008, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p45
The article reports that Wi-Fi Alliance, the trade group that certifies the interoperability of Wi-Fi products from different vendors, has begun a certification program for Voiceover-IP (VoIP) telephony on Wi-Fi devices. A product, whether an access point, a router, a handset, or a personal...
- NETGEAR "NIGHTHAWK" ROUTER IMPROVES WIFI PERFORMANCE. // LAN Product News;Oct2013, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p2
The article evaluates the dual-band 802.11 ac wireless router, Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router from NETGEAR Inc.
- 802.11n: Complicated and about to become even messier. DIPERT, BRIAN // EDN;5/28/2009, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p6
The article focuses on the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers' (IEEE) 802.11n wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi) standard. The author notes the complications and confusions surrounding the draft standard. The IEEE uses the aXb:c notation to help them determine a radio's performance. Also...
- MAXIMISE YOUR WI-FI SPEEDS. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Mar2013, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p64
The article presents suggestions on maximizing the speed of Wi-Fi networks. It is advised to place the wireless routerat the epicentre of wireless activity, rather than at the periphery. It is recommended to choose a compatible band and channel that is free and clear from competition. It is...
- 5 Common Wi-Fi Security Mistakes. Brandt, Andrew // PCWorld;Nov2004, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p98
This article presents a narrative of the mistakes committed by the author concerning the security features of Wireless-Fidelity (Wi-Fi). While setting up my first wireless router, I forgot to change the administrator password from the factory default. One day I discovered that someone else had...