Cranes Grabs ETA for $18M
- Protecting intellectual property during divestitures and acquisitions. Gudmestad, Terje; Gudmestad, Ove Tobia // Research Technology Management;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p36
Presents some considerations for a proactive approach when considering an asset sale or a purchase involving technology and intellectual property, from both the seller's and the buyer's aspect. Considerations when divesting a business; Considerations when acquiring a business.
- Air-Tight Protection of a TARGET'S Intellectual Assets. Reilly, Robert F. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep2002, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on the value of the target company's intellectual property (IP) for the buyer in the U.S. Factors influencing merger activities; Reduction of the target's exposure to IP litigation risk; Inclusion of several assets in IP.
- Orrick in West Coast merger bid for Venture Law Group. Jordan, Dearbail // Lawyer;5/5/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the merger bid between Orrick Herrington and Sucliffe law firm and the West Coast technology firm, Venture Law Group. Terms of the takeover; Emphasis of negotiations on intellectual property and litigation; Diversity of the firms' business structures; Investments in technological...
- Hemisphere GPS Sells Precision Business to UniStrong. // GPS World;Mar2013, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p15
The article reports on the acquisitions of Hemisphere GNSS Inc., of the Precision Products business, GNSS technology, and intellectual property from Hemisphere GPS Inc. changing its name to AgJunction.
- Time for consolidation in Germany. Müller, Christian; Rump, Armin // Nature Biotechnology;May2002, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p441
Discusses factors needed to make German biotechnology industry viable in the long term. Amendment of the Genetic Engineering Act; Alteration in regulations concerning intellectual property rights; Importance of consolidation to become competitive on a global state; Problem facing biotechnology.
- The problems raised when East eats West. Hodgson, Craig // Grocer;1/18/2014, Vol. 237 Issue 8138, p22
The author comments on British heritage brand acquisitions which reveal purchase of intellectual property and control of indigenous decision-making.
- Smarts, and Spirits. Fugazy, Danielle // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov2011, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on intellectual property rights, influence of three-dimensional (3-D) on merger activity, and developments in the wine industry.
- EC moves to protect indies. // Music Week;8/22/2009, Issue 32, p4
The article reports on the recommendation made by the European Commission to protect the independent sectors against future mergers including the intellectual property that needs to be guarded, encouragement on the circulation of artists and works, and the moves to develop market access.
- XSUNX BROADENS PATENT AND TECHNOLOGY ASSETS. // Worldwide Energy;Nov2004, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p3
No abstract available.