Investors Storm CNET
- Activist Investor Pushes for More Asset Sales at Safeway. SPRINGER, JON // SN: Supermarket News;9/23/2013, Vol. 61 Issue 38/39, p1
The article reports that a new investor in Safeway Inc. is urging it to sell stores in markets, which includes Chicago, Arizona and Southern California. Activist hedge fund Jana Partners LLC had acquired a 6.2% stake in Safeway. The hedge fund sees opportunities for Safeway by return more to...
- Sandell's Castlerigg merger arb fund joins MLIS UCITS platform. // Euro Hedge;3/16/2015, p1
The article reports that Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Sandell Asset Management Corp. have rolled out a new UCITS strategy. It is reported that the strategy brings Sandell's existing Castlerigg Merger Arbitrage UCITS fund onto the Merrill Lynch Investment Solutions alternative UCITS platform...
- The Morning Brief: Hedge Fund Assets Climb Ever Higher. Taub, Stephen // AR Magazine;Dec2013, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p13
This section offers news briefs concerning the investment market as of December 2013. Data from Hedge Fund Research revealed that total capital invested in the international hedge fund industry has risen to 2.51 trillion dollars as of the third quarter of 2013. Hedge fund Sandell Asset...
- Jana Targets Juniper, Plans to Close Nirvana to New Investors. // AR Magazine;Jan2014, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p36
The article reports updates on the business operations of hedge fund firm Jana Partners. The firm is reportedly targeting networking equipment manufacturer Juniper Networks due to its valuation and favorable business status. Topics explored also include the decision of Jana to end access of new...
- Jana Reduces Safeway Stake. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;12/ 5/2013, p2
The article reports on the move by activist hedge fund Jana Partners to reduce its stake in retailer Safeway from 6.2% to 4.1%.
- Southern Union Faces Challenge From Hedge Fund. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jan2007, Vol. 234 Issue 1, p2
The article reports that New York Hedge fund Sandell Asset Management Corp. accused Southern Union Co. (SUG), a company run by billionaire investor George Lindermann, of being unresponsive to their request to address the gap between SUG's share price and Sandell's mid-$30s estimate of intrinsic...
- The Morning Brief: Roomy Khan Gets One Year in Prison; Wall Street Weighs In on Activists. Taub, Stephen // AR Magazine;Jan2013, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p62
This section offers news briefs on hedge funds and hedge fund managers as of January 2013. Former Intel executive Roomy Khan has been sentenced to one year in prison for her role in an insider trading scandal involving Galleon Group founder Raj Rajaratnam. Analysts' differing opinions on the...
- Putting the Bustle On a Row of Hedge Funds. Sisk, Michael // U.S. Banker;Jun2003, Vol. 113 Issue 6, p70
Focuses on the advantages of acquiring hedge funds by retail and institutional investors in the U.S. Provision of greater investing flexibility; Uses of the Standard & Poor's Hedge Fund Index; Challenge over the rules implemented by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Investment influx to hit Japan. Kojima, Eiichi // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jul2000, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p76
Focuses on Japanese institutional investors' purchase of overseas hedge funds since the end of 1999. Objective of enhancing the performance of working assets; Postal savings levels; State of the governmental retirement fund.