Yang Hitches Yahoo to Social-Networking Bandwagon
- Jerry Yang, 29. // Technology Review;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p111
Features Jerry Yang, creator of the Yahoo! Web site. Yang's worth in stock and options; Success of Yahoo! in becoming the most visited site on the Web.
- RETURN OF THE KING. Scoble, Robert // Fast Company;Oct2007, Issue 119, p84
This article discusses the return of Co-founder of Yahoo Jerry Yang in July 2007 and his strategy shift he plans to employ upon his return. The author mentions the acquisition of three Web services that allow users to share content with others including Flickr, del.icio.us, and Up.coming.org....
- The yen of Yang. Dancer, Helen // Bulletin with Newsweek;10/17/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6246, p83
Profiles Jerry Yang, co-founder of Yahoo! Inc., the world's most recognized online brand. Development of a profitable business by giving away free services; Inadequacy of Internet-only privacy rules; Views on the patenting of business processes.
- The Birth of a Mascot. // Brandweek;06/28/99, Vol. 40 Issue 26, IQ p31
Profiles Jerry Yang, one of the founders of Yahoo!, an Internet directory company. Highlights of a meeting with Yang; His vision for the company; How Karen Edwards, director of branding at Yahoo!, described Yang.
- Yahoo Hears News Corp.'s Overture; Deaf to Microsoft. Shields, Mike // MediaWeek;2/18/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p4
The article reports that Internet company Yahoo Inc. rejected a buyout offer from Microsoft in favor of seeking an alliance with News Corp.'s Fox Interactive Media. Yahoo chief executive officer Jerry Yang believes that Microsoft's offer undervalued Yahoo and a partnership would not play to the...
- Riding the waves. Adegoke, Yinka // New Media Age;6/16/2005, p22
This paper presents an interview of Jerry Yang, co-founder of Yahoo!, about developments in the Internet industry from 1995 to 2005. Most people focus on the ups and downs of the stock market and a bit of the business cycle. I like to think the companies that are still around are more mature....
- Return of the entrepreneurs. Gorman, Matthew // Marketing Week;6/28/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p24
The article focuses on the return of the latest IT entrepreneur Jerry Yang, founder of struggling Internet giant Yahoo!, and taking back the rules of the company that he founded. The appointment of Yang puts him in the same club as Michael Dell of Dell Computers and Steve Jobs at Apple who also...
- Mergers not a trend. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;04/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p43
Reports on Internet company Yahoo! co-founder Jerry Yang's assertion that mergers between Internet and media companies will not continue in the United States. Background on Yahoo!'s business strategies.
- EMPLOYEE NO. 5 AT YAHOO. // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);03/27/2000 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 135 Issue 13, p54
Interviews Yahoo Inc. vice president and editor-in-chief Srinija Srinivasan. Biographical details; Highlights of Srinivasan's academic career at Stanford University, including her study of Japanese; Her friendship with Yahoo founders Jerry Yang and David Filo, who hired her as their fifth...