Amazon Enters Used Games Market
- AMAZON LAUNCHES USED GAME TRADE-INS. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;3/9/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p20
The article reports on the launch of a video game trade-in service by Amazon.com. Aside from Amazon, reports spread that Toys "R" Us was also testing the used-game business in some of its stores. Under the said service, Amazon users are led to a list of games which they can trade in. It also...
- Amazon Offers Casual Games. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;2/3/2009, p5
This article announces that Internet retail firm Amazon.com has entered the video game business via the launch of the beta of its Games Downloads service. The service, which features more than 600 casual games for $10 or under, include popular titles such as Jewel Quest, Airport Mani and Mahjong...
- Amazon.com plans steady growth in music and video. Olson, Catherine Applefeld // Billboard;05/23/98, Vol. 110 Issue 21, p65
Details purchase by online retailer Amazon.com of the Internet Movie Database (IMDB). Plans by Amazon.com to open a music store; The company's ideas for future campaigns; Moving video onto center stage.
- Amazon India Launches Self-Registration and Assisted Shipping Service for Sellers. // Dataquest;5/15/2014, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p15
The article reports on the Amazon Easy Ship and the Self Service Registration (SSR) scheme launched by electronic commerce company Amazon that would help improve the delivery experience of sellers in India.
- Amazon Launches CE Trade-In Program. Wolf, Alan // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/23/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p12
The article reports on the launch of the consumer electronics (CE) trade-in program of Internet company Amazon.com named Electronics Trade-In Store which will exchange Amazon gift cards for used CEs such as tablets, cellular telephones and cameras.
- AMAZON TRADING VOD CREDITS FOR USED DISCS. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;11/21/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 47, p12
The article focuses on a trade-in program of Internet retailer Amazon in which it offers credits to Amazon Instant Video, its video-on-demand (VOD) and electronic sellthrough platform, in exchange for used digital video discs (DVDs) or Blu-ray titles in good condition and with proof of purchase.
- The Effect of Online Consumer Reviews on New Product Sales. Cui, Geng; Lui, Hon-Kwong; Guo, Xiaoning // International Journal of Electronic Commerce;Fall2012, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p39
This study examines the effect of online reviews on new product sales for consumer electronics and video games. Analyses of panel data of 332 new products from Amazon.com over nine months reveal that the valence of reviews and the volume of page views have a stronger effect on search products,...
- Amazon offers deals for Prime. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/7/2015, pA02
The article reports on the plan of electronic commerce company Amazon.com Inc. to offer several deals on July 15, 2015 as part of its promotion for its Prime program.
- A Year In The Life Of Amazon.com. Johnston, Lisa; Laposky, John; Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/26/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p20
The article reports on the activities established by electronic commerce firm Amazon.com in 2015, and includes information on the increase of its net sales in January, its acquisition of some of the stores of general store firm RadioShack, and the Prime Day sales promotion it has conducted in July.