Facebook: Zango Adware Violates Terms
- Tuning into the chatter. Goldie, Luan // New Media Age;8/13/2009, p16
The article explores the impact of the increasing use of third-party applications on online social networks. It cites the case of Facebook which decided to open its platform to third-party developers in May 2007. These applications include music, game and branded applications. The success of...
- BRANCHING OUT OF YOUR NICHE. Shafer, Todd // Dealernews;Jan2010, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p18
The author discusses the aspects of the use of online social networking sites in niche marketing. He notes that electronic commerce applications on social networks including Facebook and other widgets are helpful for sellers. He mentions the strategy of technology provider Payvment to set up a...
- For Facebook success brands must stand out. Goldie, Luan // New Media Age;5/1/2008, p12
The article focuses on the success of Coca-Cola's Burn Alter Ego application on social networking website Facebook. Over 23,000 applications have been launched on the site in under a year which makes it difficult for brands to stand out, according to the article. Among the less popular...
- Google Connects With 'Friends.'. Hildebrandt, Peter // EContent;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p12
The article focuses on social networking Web sites Facebook Connect, and Google Friend Connect. Social features are chosen from a catalog of widgets on the Friend Connect website that enable an end-user Web site to engage more people. Facebook is not participating in Google's OpenSocial...
- Is Facebook's banishing of anonymity a good thing? Fox, Ilana // New Media Age;3/10/2011, p05
The article explores the attempt by social networking site, Facebook.com, to force the use of real-name transparency online.
- Facebook creates Studio to showcase brand ad creativity. McEleny, Charlotte // New Media Age;3/31/2011, p06
The article discusses social network Facebook's launch of a website, Facebook Studio, as it aims to become a hub for best practice models of creative-led brand activity through agency submissions around the globe in 2011.
- Let's face it…. Jekwa, Sizwekazi // Finweek;8/16/2007, p24
The author reflects on the features offered by the web site Facebook.com and its usefulness for the people in South Africa. According to the article, the web site ranks as the most visited site in the country after Google. She encourages the use of Facebook due to its security and convenience in...
- 4: Facebook service will not threaten agents, says shop manager who set up own group. Murray, Rupert // Travel Weekly (UK);6/4/2010, Vol. 5, p6
The article reports that a tool similar to Yahoo Answers is planned to be launched by social media network Facebook to ask questions to its users.
- BETA WATCH. Albro, Edward N. // PC World;Feb2011, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p16
The article discusses how to turn off a tracker when using the Web through the Disconnect software, and how to use the Social Photo Album Creator application in Facebook.