eBay Shares Bid Up
- Earnings, Revenue Surge at eBay. // American Banker;7/28/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 143, p19
Focuses on second-quarter profits for eBay Inc., an online auctioneer that continues a long growth streak as of July 2003. Comment of Meg Whitman, president and chief executive officer; Financial information for the company, including approval for a 2-for-1 split of all outstanding shares.
- PAYPAL REPORTS DRAMATIC GROWTH. // CardLine;2006, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p28
The article reports on the revenue posted by PayPal, the alternative to paying with plastic online, in 2005, according to parent company eBay Inc. The number of consumers with PayPal accounts at year-end is revealed. The vision for PayPal is stated by Margaret Whitman, eBay president and CEO....
- Meg Whitman and Big Bucks. Gandelman, Joe // Moderate Voice;10/29/2010, p13
The article reports on the move of Meg Whitman, head of eBay Inc., to charge the press who aims to travel with her.
- PAYPAL PAYMENT VOLUME UP 37% IN SECOND QUARTER. // CardLine;2006, Vol. 6 Issue 29, p37
The article reports on the total payment volume for PayPal, the online-payment unit of eBay Corp., in the second quarter ended June 30, 2006. Total revenue for the unit reached $339 million, up 39 percent from the same quarter in 2005. PayPal also added 8.7 million accounts during the quarter....
- Be Cautious When Your Stock Gets Too Much Media Attention. VINCENT MAO // Investors Business Daily;10/25/2013, pB01
As the old saying goes, "Everything should be in moderation." Yes, it is OK to eat greasy bacon or indulge in slice after slice of cheesecake once in a while. But too much can become a problem.
- Ripon Profile. // Ripon Forum;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p28
The article profiles eBay president and chief executive officer (CEO) Meg Whitman from Atherton, California. It notes that Whitman acted as national co-chairman for the Republicans during the electoral campaign. It adds that Whitman has said that Republicans must provide tangible solutions to...
- TWICE PEOPLE. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/28/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p5
The article announces personnel changes in the consumer electronics industry, including the resignation of Meg Whitman as the president and chief executive officer (CEO) of eBay, the retirement of John Menzer as the vice chairman of Wal-Mart Stores, and the appointment of Diane Keogh as national...
- eBay Chief Whitman to Retire. // Red Herring;1/22/2008, p6
The article announces the plan of Meg Whitman to retire as chief executive of eBay.
- eBay Outbids Common Sense. Van Munching, Philip // Brandweek;9/19/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 33, p21
Comments on the purchase of Internet telephone service application Skype by Internet auction Web site eBay. Cost spent by eBay in the purchase; Views of eBay CEO Meg Whitman on the integration Skype into eBay; Criticism on the views of Whitman.