eBay Bids $169M on Fraud Sciences
- Vendor Deal Continues PayPal Antifraud Revamp. Wolfe, Daniel // American Banker;1/29/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 19, p17
The article discusses online vendors and security improvements. PayPal Inc. is buying an Israeli provider of online risk management software to increase the level of security on its payment Web site. Ebay Inc. is buying the Tel Aviv, Israel company Fraud Sciences Ltd. for $169 million, mostly in...
- First USA's Gripe--Small Potatoes on eBay? Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/16/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the plan of eBay Inc. to acquire secure online payment platform provider Paypal Inc. despite the patent infringement lawsuits filed by First USA Bank against Paypal.
- eBay Gets OKs for PayPal Deal. Malhotra, Priya // American Banker;10/4/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 191, p19
Reports that eBay Inc. of Palo Alto, California has obtained all approvals needed under state money transmitter laws to complete its 1.3 billion dollar acquisition of PayPal Inc. Approval of a deal by PayPal Inc. board of directors that is designed to attract eBay users who are not PayPal...
- eBay Will Buy PayPal for $1.5 Billion in Stock. // National Mortgage News;7/29/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p10
Reports on the agreement of Internet auctioneer eBay to buy online-payment provider PayPal. Description of the transaction deal; Goal of PayPal; Background of eBay.
- EBay Acquires PayPal. // Chain Store Age;Aug2002, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p95
Presents information on the plan of auctioneer Web site EBay to acquire on-line payment system PayPal. Value of the proposed deal; Benefits of the deal for EBAY.
- eBay Will Pay $1.5 Billion In PayPal Deal. // Mortgage Servicing News;Aug2002, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p12
Reports the acquisition of online-payment provider PayPal by eBay company in San Jose, California.
- eBay Goals for PayPal: Expansion, Subtraction. Bach, Deborah // American Banker;7/9/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 129, p1
Speculates on the plans of eBay Inc. to branch out beyond its core auction business with the acquisition of PayPal Inc. Plan to build non-auction transaction growth; Emphasis on international payments; Industry observers' skepticism on the ability of eBay to expand PayPal's business.
- eBay Pays $800M for Braintree. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/30/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 39, p23
The article reports that EBay Inc. is buying Braintree Inc., an online payments company for 800 million dollars. Braintree had 69 million dollars in venture capital backing from Accel Partners, New Enterprise Associates, RRE Ventures and Grecroft Partners. The group will be added to PayPal,...
- BRIEFS. // CardLine;2/1/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p14
This section offers news briefs on the U.S. credit card industry. Postilion, a division of S1 Corp., announced that its data center complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. Paypal, the online transaction service, has agreed to pay about $169 million to acquire Fraud...