New Ad Network Targets Young Men
- Goo-Tube: First in Wave of Deals? Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;10/16/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p6
The article reports on the impact of the Google's acquisition of YouTube Web site on other video-sharing Web sites. The cost of acquisition has totaled to $1.65 billion. Keith Richman, CEO of Break.com, claimed that he was approached for several months by big media companies, private equity...
- Keith Richman. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;6/26/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p35
The article profiles Ketih Richman, CEO of video-sharing site Break.com. Richman graduated from Stanford in 1995 with a master's degree in international policy. He worked for various Internet businesses and then co-founded Billpoint in 1998, a person-to-person payment engine later bought by...
- The Horror! Break to Unveil Ad-Supported Online Film. Shields, Michael // MediaWeek;5/7/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p8
The article focuses on the website Break.com's deal with Twisted Pictures to release an audience interactive online horror movie. The online movie titled "The Internet Killer," will consist of 30 episodes found on Break.com. The movie will be ad-supported. Comments are included from Keith...
- Build an on-line niche, and they might come. Kennedy, C.J. // Crain's New York Business;04/23/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p29
Reveals the increase in advertisers for Web sites that target a specific market in the United States. Advertisements placed by American Express Financial Services on a Web site that targets gays and lesbians; Cost of advertising in niche sites.
- Targeting your site is key to its success. Rivero, Matt // New Hampshire Business Review;04/07/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p6
Advises businesses to determine their market targets before creating their Web sites. Identification of search engines that fit market targets; Role of audience in the determination of design issues.
- Expanding the playlist. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;05/15/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p3
Focuses on ClickRadio, an Internet service that will allow consumer to download songs and customize their own playlists from the Web. Target markets; Range of service offerings; Sources of revenue; Growth targets and strategies.
- Make Surfing Information Work in Marketing. Patton, Dawna; Troppito, Dale // American Banker;1/11/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 8, p18
Discusses the use of clickstream data, or information left by Web surfers on the sites they have visited, in actual profiling and individual targeting in one-to-one marketing. Companies that use clickstream information to identify, differentiate, interact and customize customers; Use of the...
- How DM can drive traffic to your site. Miller, Rachel // Marketing (00253650);10/12/2000, p43
Expounds on the use of direct marketing strategies to increase traffic in Web sites. Start-up Internet-based companies' lack of knowledge on the type of people using their sites; Necessity of measuring and analyzing traffic flow; Effectiveness of direct mail in reaching prospects and persuading...
- TVWEEK KICKS OFF VIRAL VIDEO. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;3/27/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p5
The article presents information on a video clip that is currently spreading on the Internet in March 2006. People submitted the clip to various online video sites such as Break.com and YouTube.com. The sites that distribute the clip get web visitors and advertising revenue. According to...