A $25M Innovation Fund Takes Flight in India
- Airtel Raises $1.26 Bn From Qatar Foundation For 5% Stake. // Media Nama;May2013, p6
The article reports on the plan of Bharti Airtel to get strategic investment totaling 1.26 billion dollars from Qatar Foundation Endowment (QFE). Topics covered include the announcement of the telecommunications firm of the release of new shares in the firm. Also mentioned is the strengthening...
- Bharti Airtel to invest Rs 60,000 crore over 3 years to upgrade its network. // Telecom Trends in India;7/26/2016, p1
The article reports on plans of telecommunication firm Bharti Airtel Ltd. for investing in its network to enhance voice and data services, and presents views of Gopal Vittal, Bharti Airtel's chief executive officer (CEO), on financing infrastructure and capital expenditure target.
- Financeasia 100/2012/2013: Revenue growth - The growth ranking. // FinanceAsia;Jan2013, p1
The article lists several Asian firms on the basis of revenue growth ranking including HTC Corp., a telecommunication firm, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. and Bharti Airtel Ltd., a telecommunication firm, along with their revenue growth percentage.
- Bharti Airtel to spend US$1billion a year in Africa. // African Business News;5/8/2014, p5
The article reports on the plans of India's leading global telecommunications company, Bharti Airtel Ltd., to get an annual capital expenditure of $1 billion in 2020 and will focus on deepening investments in 17 African countries rather than entering new markets.
- Billionaire Mittal Revives Bharti Bond Sale: Corporate India. GOKHALE, KETAKI; ALEXANDER, GEORGE SMITH // News India Times;12/21/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 51, p15
The article presents information Bharti Airtel Ltd. that will revive a plan to sell its first bonds to reduce pressure on cash flows.
- Less Is More. MALHOTRA, SARIKA // Business Today;5/11/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p26
The article discusses the Private-equity (PE) funding in India that is drop in the number of PE but the rise in fund flow during 2013. Topics including largest PE deal in 2013 were non-profit organization Qatar Foundation's 1.26 billion U.S. dollars investment in India based mobile-phone...
- Bharti buys into Qualcomm's 4G unit. // WiMAX Monthly Newsletter;May2012, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p11
The article reports that Bharti Airtel Ltd. has invested 165 million U.S. dollars in the Long Term Evolution Time Division Duplex (LTE TDD) operation in India owned by Qualcomm Inc.
- Bharti Airtel in $9bn upgrade. // Eastern Eye;12/4/2015, Issue 1331, p18
The article reports on the announcement of telecommunication firm Bharti Airtel for its investment to upgrade infrastructure of its mobile phone market, mentions the criticism of telecommunication firms due to network problems and include comments from Gopal Vittal of the firm, on same.
- Bharti Airtel announces INR 60,000 crore investment on a comprehensive network transformation program called Project Leap. // Telecom Tiger;11/30/2015, p2
The article reports that Bharti Airtel Ltd. has invested in the strategic project by launching massive network transformation program called Project Leap to improve network quality and to deliver the best customer experience.