China Mobile Hangs Up on Apple iPhone
- China Mobile top 10m iPhone users. // Flare (Pakistan);11/15/2011, p66
The article reports that China Mobile Ltd. has 10 million iPhone users despite its lack of agreement with Apple Inc. to develop an iPhone compatible with the company's TD-LTE standard.
- The Apple-China Mobile deal is done, the Wall St. Journal reports. Elmer-DeWitt, Philip // Fortune.com;12/5/2013, p1
The article focuses on speculation that computer company Apple has signed a distribution agreement with telecommunications company China Mobile for the iPhone smartphone in December of 2013 and mentions that China Mobile is the largest mobile carrier in the world.
- China Mobile finally inks iPhone deal; Huawei expects 4G revenue to double. // China Telecom;Dec2013, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p4
The article focuses on a deal signed by China Mobile Ltd., the world's largest cellco by subscribers, with Apple Inc. to sell the US firm's iPhone handset devices.
- Apple, Supplier Stocks Rise On China Mobile Pact. PATRICK SEITZ // Investors Business Daily;12/24/2013, pA04
Apple's long-awaited iPhone distribution deal with China Mobile, the world's largest wireless carrier, was a rising tide that lifted a lot of boats on Monday.
- Apple's iPhone 5S at China Mobile Beijing: One every 2 sec. Elmer-DeWitt, Philip // Fortune.com;12/13/2013, p1
The article looks at sales of the Apple iPhone smartphone in China as of December 2013, noting many Chinese consumers have visited telecommunication firm China Mobile's webpage showing the iPhone and discussing speculation about a possible deal for China Mobile to distribute the iPhone in China.
- How many iPhones will China Mobile sell for Apple? Elmer-DeWitt, Philip // Fortune.com;12/24/2013, p1
The article looks at computer and electronics company Apple Inc. as of December 2013, reporting on estimates of the increase in the sales volume of the company's iPhone smartphones in China due to its recent deal under which cell phone service firm China Mobile will sell iPhones in the country.
- Apple, China Unicom Near iPhone Deal. Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;2/23/2009, p1
The article reports that a deal between Apple and China Unicom is near approval. If completed, the first legal third generation (3G) iPhones will be offered in the Chinese market in as early as May 2009. The device has a large appeal in the country, but talks between China mobile and Apple have...
- Internet Users Riled Up Over China Mobile iPhone 5 Rumor. Chao, Loretta; Feng, Sue // US-China Today;6/24/2011, p2
The article reports on the response of Internet users regarding the agreement of China Mobile Inc. with Apple Inc. to offer the iPhone five smartphone in China. It notes that the commotion started when Liu Yang, who identifies himself as a China Mobile salesperson, announces in his microblogging...
- The Apple-China Mobile deal: Why now? Elmer-DeWitt, Philip // Fortune.com;12/24/2013, p1
The article looks at sales of the iPhone smartphone in China, reporting on a December 2013 announcement by the phone's manufacturer, computer and electronics firm Apple Inc., and cell phone service firm China Mobile of a distribution agreement under which China Mobile will sell iPhones in the...