China Mobile Hangs Up on Apple iPhone
- The Apple-China Mobile deal is done, the Wall St. Journal reports. Elmer-DeWitt, Philip // Fortune.com;12/5/2013, p1
The article focuses on speculation that computer company Apple has signed a distribution agreement with telecommunications company China Mobile for the iPhone smartphone in December of 2013 and mentions that China Mobile is the largest mobile carrier in the world.
- China Mobile finally inks iPhone deal; Huawei expects 4G revenue to double. // China Telecom;Dec2013, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p4
The article focuses on a deal signed by China Mobile Ltd., the world's largest cellco by subscribers, with Apple Inc. to sell the US firm's iPhone handset devices.
- China Mobile top 10m iPhone users. // Flare (Pakistan);11/15/2011, p66
The article reports that China Mobile Ltd. has 10 million iPhone users despite its lack of agreement with Apple Inc. to develop an iPhone compatible with the company's TD-LTE standard.
- Apple, Supplier Stocks Rise On China Mobile Pact. PATRICK SEITZ // Investors Business Daily;12/24/2013, pA04
Apple's long-awaited iPhone distribution deal with China Mobile, the world's largest wireless carrier, was a rising tide that lifted a lot of boats on Monday.
- Apple's iPhone 5S at China Mobile Beijing: One every 2 sec. Elmer-DeWitt, Philip // Fortune.com;12/13/2013, p1
The article looks at sales of the Apple iPhone smartphone in China as of December 2013, noting many Chinese consumers have visited telecommunication firm China Mobile's webpage showing the iPhone and discussing speculation about a possible deal for China Mobile to distribute the iPhone in China.
- How many iPhones will China Mobile sell for Apple? Elmer-DeWitt, Philip // Fortune.com;12/24/2013, p1
The article looks at computer and electronics company Apple Inc. as of December 2013, reporting on estimates of the increase in the sales volume of the company's iPhone smartphones in China due to its recent deal under which cell phone service firm China Mobile will sell iPhones in the country.
- The Apple-China Mobile iPhone deal: What analysts are saying. Elmer-DeWitt, Philip // Fortune.com;12/24/2013, p1
Excerpts are presented from December 2013 reports on computer and electronics company Apple Inc. by financial analysts including Brian White of financial services firm Canter Fitzgerald, Ben Reitzes of Barclays bank, and Bill Shope of investment bank Goldman Sachs, focusing on the company's...
- China Mobile-Apple in '14? Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/12/2013, pA02
A new report says investors should tune out chatter about top China wireless carrier
- Apple, China Unicom Near iPhone Deal. Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;2/23/2009, p1
The article reports that a deal between Apple and China Unicom is near approval. If completed, the first legal third generation (3G) iPhones will be offered in the Chinese market in as early as May 2009. The device has a large appeal in the country, but talks between China mobile and Apple have...