Time Warner Ga-Ga Over Gaia
- Elevation Hears a Yelp. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;2/1/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the investment by California-based private equity (PE) firm Elevation Partners of 25 million dollars in online directory Yelp, with a plan by Elevation to increase its stake by investing a further 100 million dollars. Under the deal, Elevation co-founder and managing...
- Seeking Alpha, Finding Cash. // Red Herring;12/2/2009, p2
The article reports on the seven million U.S. dollar funding received by Seeking Alpha from its second round of financing in December 2009. According to David Jackson , founder of Seeking Alpha, the fund will provide the company with a strong capital base. The fund will be allocated to the...
- Q&A QuickTake. Dyal, Tom // Telephony;11/13/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 20, p41
Interviews Tom Dyal, founder of the venture capital firm Redpoint Ventures, regarding the company's investments in communications infrastructure. Developing areas that the company follows; Area of investment for the company; His views on market condition in the United States as of November 2000.
- Metacafe Fuels Up With $30M. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;8/27/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 34, p26
The article reports that Metacafe has announced that it raised 30 million dollars in third-round funding. The funding comes from two new investors, Highland Capital Partners and DAG Ventures, along with existing investors Accel Partners and Benchmark Capital. The company received 15 million...
- Tux has the bucks. Shankar, Pradeep // Siliconindia;Aug2003, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p28
Discusses the investment made by Benchmark Capital with My SQL, a developer of open source database. Focus areas of the investments; Stability of the open source platform; Business opportunities in open source space.
- Intuit Takes Mint.com for $170M. // Red Herring;9/14/2009, p1
The article reports on the decision of Intuit to acquire the online personal finance site Mint.com for 170 million U.S. dollars in cash. Among the venture investors involved in the transaction are DAG Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Shasta Ventures and First Round Capital. A total of 14 million...
- Time Warner to set aside $500M for digital investment fund. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p3
Reports on Time Warner's plan to create an investment fund that will focus on advancement of digital technology. Details of the planned investment fund.
- Time Warner. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/ 5/2014, pA02
The article reports that the Time Warner Inc., media and communications company is removing its units that has divided its portfolio of magazines in the U.S.
- Rebel Monkey Swings for $1M. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;2/6/2008, p5
The article reports on the first-round financing received by Rebel Monkey, a developer of casual multi-player games, from Redpoint Ventures. A report by Pacific Crest Securities analyst Evan Wilson forecast that casual gaming revenue would nearly double from the $375 million in 2006 to $725...