- NIH website educates parents and children about medical research. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Nov2008, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p14
The article offers information on the web site Children and Clinical Studies, available at www.childrenandclinicalstudies/nhlbi.nih.gov.
- Focus: Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder resources. Johnson, Cynthia // Medicine on the Net;Feb2009, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p10
The article reviews several web sites related to health care in the U.S. including www.cdc.gov from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), www.adultadhdisreal.com from several organizations dedicated to the management of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and...
- FOLding@home. // Custom PC;Nov2012, Issue 110, p125
The article reviews the medical research web site, Folding@home.
- WEBWISE. Mabbott, Irene // Nursing Standard;10/14/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p30
The article reviews the web site of the Centre for Reviews and Dissemination at www.york.ac.uk/inst/crd.
- Simple solution to getting participants. // New Zealand Doctor;12/16/2009, p9
The article reviews the Web site GetParticipants.com, where people can register and become linked to medical research programs relevant to them.
- The portal for rare diseases and orphan drugs. Singh, Jatinder // Journal of Pharmacology & Pharmacotherapeutics;Apr-Jun2013, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p168
The article reviews the web site Orphanet, located at http://www.orphadata.org, funded the French National Institute of Health and Medical Research (INSERM), the French Directorate General for Health, and the European Commission.
- Apple Watch is just half the story. // New Scientist;3/14/2015, Vol. 225 Issue 3012, p7
The article reports computer company Apple's smartwatch Apple Watch will include the ResearchKit software, which will run on iPhones using data from Apple Watches to allow users to participate directly in medical research studies while maintaining users' privacy from Apple itself.
- Cancer Research data bank available to GPs on Doctors.net. // British Journal of Healthcare Computing & Information Management;Oct2010, p14
The article reports that Cancer Research UK has launched a campaign to highlight the extensive range of its state-of-the-art cancer information bank services that it offers to doctors and patients. It aims to arm general practioners with authoritative evidence-based information to improve...
- Medical Student Research Portal. Johnson, Sean M.; Rossing, David // South Dakota Medicine;Sep2013, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p361
Background: With the current focus on evidence-based medicine, medical student participation in research is an increasingly important aspect of medical education. Student participation is thought to help students not only contribute to the scientific and medical literature, but also to become...