Directiveness in Teachers' Language Input to Toddlers and Preschoolers in Day Care
- New Playground Dedicated. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);11/5/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 45, p11A
A photograph of Bluebonnet Country Preschool students and teachers at the First United Methodist Church's new playground in Burnet, Texas is presented.
- Superhero and Gun Play. // Teaching Young Children;Feb/Mar2009, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p30
The article presents the answers of some preschool teachers in the U.S. to a question about dealing with superhero play or play involving pretend guns in their classroom.
- Editorial Introduction. Fasching-Varner, Kenneth; Dowell, Margaret-Mary Sulentic; Meidl, Tynisha; Meidl, Christopher // Networks: An Online Journal for Teacher Research;Spring2013, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
An introduction to the special edition of the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the main issue of the journal which looks at preschool teachers training and the service they provide to children before classroom education starts.
- Math and Manipulatives. Colker, Laura J. // Teaching Young Children;Dec2010/Jan2011, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p16
The article lists several activities that teachers can use to improve preschoolers' learning and accelerate their development, including playing with magnetic numbers, inviting family volunteers to play a board game with the children and borrowing books on architecture.
- Tools for Teachers. // Teaching Young Children;Dec2010/Jan2011, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p31
The article presents information resources for teachers in teaching preschool children, including the book-and-DVD set "From Message to Meaning: Using a Daily Message Board in the Preschool Classroom," by Suzanne Gainsley, " the book-and-CD set "Addressing Challenging Behaviors in Early...
- Technology Connects Assessment, Accountability Standards in Early Childhood Education. Costello, Kathryn; Zarowin, David // T H E Journal;Nov2002, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p48
Focuses on the role of observational assessments and technology in making the connection between developmentally appropriate practices and accountability standards in preschool education. Discussion on early childhood assessment; Utilization of assessment and technology solutions; Significance...
- Proposed Legislation Hurts Head Start. // USA Today Magazine;Aug2003, Vol. 132 Issue 2699, p7
Explains that a proposed legislation in the U.S. which calls for change of the federal preschool program would do more harm than good as of August 2003. Information on the federal preschool program; Highlights on the proposed legislation; Comments from a head start teacher.
- Early pedagogical assessment of young children at preschool. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;10/10/2011, Vol. 21, p231
The article reports on the thesis from the University of Gothenburg which shows that preschool teachers take part in assessing the development and learning of preschool children through documentation.
- Teach Me Your Name. Gambill, Jeannie // National Forum;Fall2001, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p15
Presents an article on the teaching of reading skills to preschool children. Interaction of preschool children with each other, with their teachers and the environment; Reading activities for the preschool students; Outcome for the students.