Validity of a Parent-Report Measure of Vocabulary and Grammar for Spanish-Speaking Toddlers
- Difference in Standard Scores of Adults on the Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test (Revised and Third Edition). Pankratz, Mary; Morrison, Andrea; Plante, Elena // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Jun2004, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p714
Differences in the standard scores for the Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test-Revised (PPVT-R; L. M. Dunn & L. M. Dunn, 1981) and the PPVT-Third Edition (PPVT-III; Dunn & Dunn, 1997b) are known to exist for children, with typically higher scores occurring on the PPVT-III. However, these tests are...
- The Index of Narrative Microstructure: A Clinical Tool for Analyzing School-Age Children's Narrative Performances. Justice, Laura M.; Bowles, Ryan P.; Kaderavek, Joan N.; Ukrainetz, Teresa A.; Eisenberg, Sarita L.; Gillam, Ronald B. // American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology;May2006, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p177
Purpose: This research was conducted to develop a clinical toolâ€”the Index of Narrative Microstructure (INMIS)â€”that would parsimoniously account for important microstructural aspects of narrative production for school-age children. The study provides field test age- and grade-based...
- CISD to screen for preschool, speech. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);8/20/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p1
The article announces that the Clarendon Independent School District (CISD) will offer a free speech and language skills screening for pre-school children on August 27, 2009.
- Untitled. MMP // ASHA;Jan94, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p18
Discusses the study entitled `Agreement of Assessment Profiles Used in Cognitive Referencing,' by Kevin N. Cole, Paulette E. Mills and Dercy Kelly. Examination of the agreement of test profiles that measure children's cognitive ability and language performance; Feature of the cognitive...
- POSTIMPLANTATION AUDITION AND EDUCATIONAL ATTAINMENT IN CHILDREN WITH PRELINGUALLY ACQUIRED PROFOUND DEAFNESS. Boothroyd, Arthur; Boothroyd-Turner, Dorothy // Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology;May2002 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 111, p79
Evaluates the language and educational attainment of children using Nucleus multichannel implant with the spectral peak processor. Average age at implantation; Benefits of implantation; Auditory limitations.
- Sunny Words. // Weekly Reader - Pre K;May/Jun2010, Vol. 30, p4
A quiz concerning words that describe the sun is presented.
- The Relationship Between Prelinguistic Vocalization and Later Expressive Vocabulary in Young Children With Developmental Delay. McCathren, Rebecca B.; Yoder, Paul J.; Warren, Steven F. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Aug1999, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p915
This study tested the relationship between prelinguistic vocalization and expressive vocabulary 1 year later in young children with mild to moderate developmental delays. Three vocalization variables were tested: rate of all vocalization, rate of vocalizations with consonants, and rate of...
- The criterion validity of four vocabulary tests compared with a language sample. Ukrainetz, Teresa A.; Blomquist, Carol // Child Language Teaching & Therapy;Feb2002, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p59
This study provided empirical evidence of the validity of four vocabulary tests: Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test-III (PPVT-3), Expressive Vocabulary Test (EVT), Receptive One-Word Picture Vocabulary Test (ROWPVT), and Expressive One-Word Picture Vocabulary Test-Revised (EOWPVT-R) against a...
- Clinical Linguistic and Auditory Milestone Scale. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p466
A definition of the medical term "Clinical Linguistic and Auditory Milestone Scale," which refers to an office test intended for evaluating language development in children, is presented.