Reaching the other side
- Habitat's Hilton scoops Classic Design award. // Cabinet Maker;03/31/2000, Issue 5181, p3
Reports on Habitat furniture design head Matthew Hilton's winning the top prize in the furniture category of the Homes and Gardens Classic Design Awards.
- Learning curve. Bartlett, Nigel // Belle;Oct/Nov2010, p48
The article features British furniture designer Matthew Hilton, founder of Matthew Hilton Ltd., and his love for his job more than just designing furniture.
- All his own work. Thompson, Henrietta // Design Week;9/13/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p23
The article presents information on designer Matthew Hilton and his range of furniture and accessories, to be displayed in the "100% Design" show at London, England. It reports that Hilton has designed for many international brands including furniture companies Ercol, Driade, and Case, and is...
- Honours for top British designers. // Cabinet Maker;5/9/2008, Issue 5587, p4
The article announces the award Design Guild Mark from the Furniture Makers Co. given to furniture designers selected from a large number of submissions by top designers in the world, including Mark Gabbertas for his Tom Dick & Harry designed for Boss Design, Matthew Hilton for Cross Dining...
- Ideal home show. // Design Week;4/12/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p18
The article highlights the Milan Furniture Fair to be held in Italy on April 18-23, 2007. The event will feature furniture designers such as Pearson Lloyd, Tom Dixon and Matthew Hilton. Scottish group Timorous Beasties will be displaying its First Weave carpet designs for Brintons. According to...
- Second sight. Waller, Richard // Cabinet Maker;08/20/99, Issue 5151, p19
Features Habitat's introduction of the 20th Century Legends series of furniture, furnishings and accessories. Challenges in maintaining the balance between interpreting public taste and setting the style agenda; Designs of the furniture pieces; Designers included in the collection; Price range...
- Brand new freedom. Calton, Rachel // Cabinet Maker;9/7/2007, Issue 5554, p22
The article focuses on the launching of the furniture designs of Matthew Hilton in Great Britain. According to the author, Hilton will launch his first collection of 10 wood pieces for the bedroom, dining and living room under his own design brand. He added that 100% Design will act as the...
- masterclass. Cardozo, Geraldine // Belle;Oct/Nov2005, p42
Profiles retailer, restaurateur and furniture designer Terence Conran. Professional accomplishments as a designer; Strategies in managing his restaurants; Factors attributed to the success of the retail chain Habitat founded by Conran.
- Natural approach. Calton, Rachel // Cabinet Maker;1/19/2007, Issue 5521, p102
The article profiles Claire Norcross, design manager of lighting at Habitat in Great Britain. Norcross worked in house with Habitat since 2004, she won an "Elle Decoration" design award in 2006 for her best-selling spiraling copper lamp Ribbon. She graduated from Manchester Metropolitan...