- MASAMOTO YASHIRO. Frederick, Jim // Time;12/20/2004, Vol. 164 Issue 25, p142
Discusses how CEO Masamoto Yashiro has presided over the successful turnaround of the once bankrupt Long Term Credit Bank which has been renamed Shinsei. Consideration of how Yashiro's style of management differs from the Japanese corporate history regarding competition, profitability, and...
- Consuming Appetite. Kelly, Tim // Forbes Asia;6/2/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p14
The article looks at the challenges ahead of president and chief executive officer of Shinsei Bank Ltd., Thierry PortÃ©, to submit profit targets to financial overseers. It states that Japan's government by slashing the maximum interest rate has engineered the credit crunch that has left...
- 25 BUSINESS INFLUENTIALS: MASAMOTO YASHIRO. Frederick, Jim // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/20/2004, Issue 50, p90
The article presents information on Masamoto Yashiro, chairman of Shinsei Bank Ltd. Since taking the helm of the bank, Yashiro has presided over one of the most successful turnarounds in Japanese corporate history. With 30 years experience at Exxon and nine more at Citibank, Yashiro has never...
- CORRECTIONS. // Fortune;9/28/2009, Vol. 160 Issue 6, p16
Corrections are presented for the articles â€œSmart Moves to Make Nowâ€ and "Checkmate for a Wall Street Wizard?" which were published, respectively, in the August 31 and September 14, 2009 issues.
- The Outsider. Kelly, Tim // Forbes Asia;9/1/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 14, p28
The article profiles Masamoto Yashiro, one of the outsider directors at Construction Bank, the second largest bank in China. Yashiro, after his retirement as senior executive of Exxon Corp. in 1989, was offered to work at Citigroup Inc. for eight years and at Ripplewood Holdings LLC. He was then...
- ECONOMIC GLOOM HITS BUSINESS CONFIDENCE. Hawser, Anita // Global Finance;Feb2009, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p6
The article offers information on the impact of the current credit crunch on various businesses. It is reported that as the credit crunch intensifies, bank lendings are falling short of the mark and the confidence among company chief executives particularly those with operations in Europe and...
- Consumer Banking Undergoing a Facelift. Tam, Augie // J@pan Inc.;Aug2001, Issue 22, p48
Focuses on consumer banking in Japan. Information on Citibank; Background of Shinsei Back; Discussion on consumer finance; Overview of the Internet-based banking.
- Shinsei Sensation. // J@pan Inc.;Apr2004, Issue 54, p10
Reports on the debut of the stock of Shinsei Bank in the Tokyo, Japan stock market. Demand for shares in the bank after a few hours of trading; Interest of investors in the bank's shares.
- Funding Fix. Telschow, Tony // North Western Financial Review;6/1/2009, Vol. 194 Issue 11, p8
The article focuses on the regulatory scrutiny and difficulties encountered by funding sources which are very famous before the economic crisis in the U.S. According to Tom Farin, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of FARIN, there has been a lot of pressure on the industry to develop...