The Steve Jobs Syndrome
- Jobs' leave of absence takes bite out of Apple. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;1/15/2009, Vol. 408 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the impact of the news that Apple Inc's chief executive officer Steve Jobs is taking a medical leave of absence until the end of June 2009, on the performance of the company. It mentions that the shares of the company tanked following the announcement of the news. Jobs is...
- Here's to the Health of the CEO. McGinn, Daniel // Newsweek;8/4/2008, Vol. 152 Issue 5, p12
The article focuses on speculation over the health of Apple Inc. chief executive officer Steve Jobs. The article notes that Jobs appeared ill at a press conference to unveil Apple's 3G iPhone. Jobs was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2004, but claimed to be cured. Speculation on his current...
- The Father of Sony. // Christian Science Monitor;10/5/99, Vol. 91 Issue 217, p8
Editorial. Focuses on Akio Morita, co-founder of Sony Corp. and the many things he invented like the walkman tape recorder, Playstation, Trinitron television and others.
- Sony sayonara. Moffett, Sebastian // Variety;11/28/94, Vol. 357 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the resignation of Akio Morita as chairman of Sony Corporation due to medical problems. Implications of the resignation of Morita on the investments of the company in the United States; Views on the contributions of Morita on the financial growth of the company.
- Sony chief's illness comes at tough time. McClure, Steve // Billboard;12/18/93, Vol. 105 Issue 51, p133
Reports on the hospitalization of Sony Corp. chairman Akio Morita due to cerebral hemorrhage. Brain surgery; Sony president Norio Ohga's responsibility of Sony's day-to-day operations since 1989; Speculations on Morita's younger brother Masaaki's impending presidency at Sony.
- Can Brand Apple still thrive without the iconic Steve Jobs? Learmonth, Michael; Klaassen, Abbey; Chang, Rita; Bulik, Beth Snyder; Bush, Michael // Advertising Age;1/19/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p4
The article focuses on high technology firm Apple Inc. in the wake of the announcement that company founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) would take a leave of absence due to serious health problems. Apple's stock price fell the day of the announcement. Industry analysts state that Apple...
- Investors Boo Steve Jobs. Moresco, Justin // Red Herring;1/16/2008, p3
The article reports on the decline in share price of Apple in line with the dissatisfaction of investors with the company's announcements at Macworld in San Francisco, California. At the event, Apple Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Steve Jobs announced the launch of Macbook Air laptop, a digital...
- What?! No 3G iPhone? Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p3
The article reports on the performance of the stock of Apple Inc. after chief executive officer (CEO) Steve Jobs issued a handful of product announcements at the MacWorld 2008 conference. After Jobs' keynote speech, in which he offered a suite of new software for the iPhone and a skinny notebook...
- Sony appeal strong despite ailing Morita. Philip, Christine; Cardona, Mercedes // Pensions & Investments;12/13/93, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p3
Reports on the continued performance of Sony Corp. shares despite the serious illness of company chairman, Akio Morita. Defense of the company's market share in key industries; Purchase of Sony stocks as the yen weakens; Anthony Cragg, manager of the Strong International Fund.