Flat Tax, America?
- Geithner's $42,702 'hiccup'. York, Byron // Hill;1/16/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p31
The article discusses issues related to the tax problem of U.S. Treasury Secretary-designate Timothy Geithner.
- Liberal Elite Plays by Its Own Rules. Jeffrey, Terence P. // Human Events;2/9/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p8
The author comments on the political approach of liberal politicians in the U.S. The author notes that liberal politicians always talk about making the rich pay more taxes, except when they are the rich. The author categorizes them into two camps: those who fail to pay all their taxes and those...
- Geithner: Hikes won't hurt growth. Becker, Bernie // Hill;9/20/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 127, p1
The article focuses on the statement of U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, mentioning that the government's proposals to increase taxes mainly on the rich and businesses would not affect the economic crisis.
- Inadvertent libertarians. Walsh, Jim // Liberty (08941408);May2009, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p12
The author talks about the tax cheat by U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and former Senator Tom Daschle. He notes that some people feel that there is elitism and hypocrisy as both men made a ritual mea culpa while Geithner takes on the post as Treasury Secretary. The author feels a sense...
- 'Good bank' is good business. // People's Weekly World;2/21/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p8
The article ponders on the state of the U.S. financial system as of February 21, 2009. It notes that the essence of U.S. Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner's three-point plan for reviving the system is letting the banks in on trillions of taxpayer dollars. The author suggests using free-market...
- Geithner: Taxhikes mustbe in budget. Schroeder, Peter // Hill;2/15/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p12
The article focuses on the comments of U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, on why tax hikes are a necessity in the 2013 budget.
- Flat tax gaining popularity. Kocińska, Anna // Warsaw Business Journal;5/6/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p1
Reports the increasing flat personal income tax preference in Poland. Nature of the flat personal income tax; Comparison between progressive tax system and the flat personal income tax; Need of tax simplification.
- Taxation without much representation. Kominicki, J.L. // Business Press;4/28/95, Vol. 7 Issue 52, p33
Editorial. Discusses tax revision, which was a major issue in the 1995 presidential race. Flat tax of Dick Armey, Texas republican and house majority leader; Problems of Armey's flat tax; Calculations of the Treasury Department.
- Progressive taxation is patently discriminatory and morally bankrupt. Dorn, James A. // Human Events;07/04/97, Vol. 53 Issue 25, p10
Opines that progressive income taxes are violative of the US Constitution. Pretense of morality inherent in progressive taxation; Issue of income redistribution under a progressive tax system; Ideal imposition of a flat-rate tax.