- News IQ. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;1/12/2009, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p8
A quiz about school bullying is presented.
- Bullying Hurts! // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;10/9/2006, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p8
A quiz concerning Bullying Hurts, an anti-bullying program in schools, is presented.
- The rat pack. // Girls' Life;Aug/Sep2002, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on issues regarding school violence. Opinions of kids on school bullies; Information on the decline of school assemblies concerning violence; Conflict resolution strategies developed by schools addressing violence against students.
- Mean Teens. Weir, Kirsten // Current Science;11/26/2010, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p6
The article focuses on the issue of school bullying and discusses how to prevent it.
- STICKY SITUATION. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;2/15/2010, Vol. 72 Issue 15/16, p13
The article solicits advice from readers of "Scholastic News" children's magazine on the actions that should be taken by a girl after witnessing a bullying incident in school.
- Scholars Call for Examining School Violence in a New Context. Viadero, Debra // Education Week;4/21/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 29, p5
The article discusses a report in the journal "Educational Researcher" calling for changes in efforts to address school violence with a broader, cross-disciplinary and evidence-based approach which includes the problem of bullying.
- The Bully Problem. Wilson, Amy // World & I;Sep2006, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p8
The article addresses the problem of bullying in schools in the U.S. Since the 1980s, a wave of scientific research has repeatedly documented the harmful and lasting impact of bullying among youth. Researchers have found clear evidence that bullying, long thought to be a benign rite of passage,...
- Media Watch. // Education (14637073);5/12/2006, Issue 220, p5
Covers issues related to education in Great Britain published in various periodicals. Psychological techniques used by groups of alpha females to bully other girls; Plan of the City and County of Swansea Council to introduce concrete bollards outside many of its schools to stop parents who...
- CHAPTER 2: Bullying. McCabe, Kimberly A.; Martin, Gregory M. // School Violence, the Media & Criminal Justice Responses;2005, p23
This chapter explores bullying within the school environment in the U.S. It discusses bullying as a major problem in American schools. It outlines the elements of bullying. It presents the characteristics of bullies. It provides information on the theories to explain bullying. The...